• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC October

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2012, 14:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

So it looks like set up in the garden and hope the weather is better for Mark's next Saturday.

JonH

I managed to clear enough space in the wilderness that is my garden do should it clear that's where I'll be!
If I have to put my tent away in the rain then get it out again at home to dry a happy camper I shall not be...
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Sue

Sorry to hear of your accident Julian, hope your leg mends quickly.

Roy and I not up to camping but had been hoping to come down to visit on Saturday and stay late though not to be!

Spent two weeks in a remote corner of Wales with no clear spells long enough to set scope up for astronomical use, glimpsed stars briefly through masses of cloud on a couple of nights but did spend some days monitoring flow of river way down in the valley through the patio door in the holiday cottage. Bit sad really :cry:

Ivor

So is anyone going tonight?

It looks OK until 01:00 but then clouding up by 04:00, but stil changeable.

What you can guarantee is if no one goes the weather will turn out to be great.

The Thing

I'll go if others are going. As Ivor says, it's not looking bad for tonight, certainly seems nice enough just now!

mickw

At the moment it's a bit breezy with a couple of small clouds towards Northiam, but it's nice enough to sit in the garden and have a beer or several  ;)

I won't be going this weekend due to problems with my laptop and the prat technician that's "fixing" it  :!
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Sounds like Micks back garden is the place to be!

mickw

Better hurry, the beer's going fast  :lol:

:beer:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ivor

Well you can count me in, I have a night pass and I'm prepared to use it!!

I also have a bottle of red in the car ready to be drunk :)

JonH

Right then, just finished re-building my power supply and made a new longer extension lead, didn't take as long as I was expecting...
To feck with it! I'll go if only to get out of unpacking the last of my stuff!
So long as I'm not the only one?...
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

The Thing

I'm starting packing. See you there!

Come on the rest of you wimps! Just because it's no longer summer.

MarkS

I'm no wimp - I'll be there!

Arriving around 7:30-8:00pm

Mark

Ivor

On a practical note there are lots of roadworks on the A21 from the A26 junction near Tonbridge to Pembury you should check the traffic before leaving tonight.

MarkS

Quote from: Ivor
On a practical note there are lots of roadworks on the A21 from the A26 junction near Tonbridge to Pembury you should check the traffic before leaving tonight.

Thanks - I'll avoid that route then.  :lol:

So far we have the following definite attendees:
Mark, Duncan, Ivor, Jon

Fay

well being that I have now cleaned the whole house, done 5 loads of washing, have  set up in the garden, and am now worn out.........................I fear  i will have decline. good luck to you all
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!