• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC October

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2012, 14:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

5 loads of washing  :o

Was that a years worth then ?
Pair of pants, socks, T shirt then then fresh stuff on Sunday - clean trousers if I can't bend at the knee any more  :D
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

mickw

Got some clouds coming over Northiam but seems patchy with more clear bits than cloudy bits, still breezy but beerable  ;)

The Thing

On.my way. Disaronno is onboard so we can drink to absent friends.

mickw

JohnP

Well just had really bad hailstone storm here in Banstead - Clear blue skies now. Fay - hope your scope is well protected...

Good luck to all those that are venturing down....

John

Fay

Just rushed out to cover it John, a tad late!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Cloud cover increasing   :(

JonH

Just arrived, some rather nasty looking clouds hanging around and a slightly feeble attempt to rain!  :-?
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

mickw

OK, I quit as weather forecaster -

It's sunny, clear and raining  :!

Ivor

Escaping Canary Wharf and on my way via home.

Mike

Well I don't know how you guys are getting on at Rother Valley but it is about 80% cloud cover here in Orpington.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

100% cloud now and the satellite image is showing a huge blob of cloud that looks like it will be around for the next few hours at least.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

We set up and aligned at Rother Valley then it clouded up.   It might rain and then it might be clear.  Pastis is delicious!

MarkS

Heavy rain now.  All squashed into Duncan's tent drinking Disaronno.

Mike

Well i'm glad you are enjoying yourselves despite the weather. I set up in my garden tonight and had all kinds of problems. Also, my 8 year old trusty Pentium M laptop has started to die. The screen has gone all weird :( But i'm glad it died at home and not whilst I was at Rother to be honest.