• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC October

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2012, 14:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

It must be hard having to take Jake for a walk with only an Astrotrac for a crutch. Hope you get better quickly and don't let the physios bully you too much.

MarkS

Really bad news Julian.  Hope you make a fast recovery!

Tony G

Julian,

Forget about your leg, that's nothing.........Claim for whiplash, and get a new scope, everybody is doing it. :-?
Seriously though, get well soon.;)

Tony G.

PS........Talk about hijacking threads.......some people are so blatant :D
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

Bloody nora, Julian, that`s `orrible!!  Hope you make a speedy recovery and the car was a write-off.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rocket Pooch

Get better soon Julian.

The Thing

Back on topic.

The weather is looking good for Friday night so I am definitely going, I will decide on Saturday night on Saturday.

Fay

Julian,

really hope you start to recover by next week, best wishes
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

That was my next question, who is going, i need to pack, or not, today

JonH

I don't know which wether forcast you are looking at, but met office is now saying nothing but cloud Friday night followed by rain from about 4am!
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

The Thing

Quote from: JonH on Oct 11, 2012, 09:54:47
I don't know which wether forcast you are looking at, but met office is now saying nothing but cloud Friday night followed by rain from about 4am!
Met office is not reliable enough. These two are my preferred sites.
http://www.meteoblue.com/en_GB/weather/forecast/tab/b/pictocast/northiam_gb_20874
http://7timer.y234.cn/index.php?product=astro&lon=0.597&lat=50.98&lang=en&ac=0&unit=metric&tzshift=0&site=

Ivor

I'm still planning to come Friday night, I assume I can leave my pitch booking until Friday?

What targets are people planning on ? I've thinking of doing M33. I had a practice last night with my first script for AA5, which went OK with 5 mins subs, as I don't want problems on the night with arrriving late.

JonH

QuoteI assume I can leave my pitch booking until Friday?

That's a good point as I also haven't made a booking yet just in case. I'm going to assume it should be ok, they can't be all that bust this time of year?
Those forecasts do look quite a bit more promising than what the met office has to say so will get everything ready this evening but still not going to make a final decision until tomorrow.
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Tony G

Remember be careful, if you book and then cancel due to the weather, you will be ex-communicated and banished to the pits of brimstone and fire, because you do not have the right to cancel (allegedly)..............I've just encountered Deja Vu  :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

i am thinking that the weather will not justify the effort. hence 95% i wont go but may visit on saturday   

Sacrificial  the :baa:

julian

Thank you all for you get well wishes.   For those that do go to the DSC this weekend have a great time and don't forget the waterproofs!

Julian