• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC October

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2012, 14:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Rocket Pooch

clear ish here Auriga look great

MarkS

Have U got room for 4 tents + mounts + Pastis?

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: MarkS on Oct 13, 2012, 00:41:22
Have U got room for 4 tents + mounts + Pastis?

Yes, Yes and Definitely, but I just got back from the football so I'm sure by now your all a bit emotional...

MarkS

Pouring down with rain at the moment but tonight looking very good.  Sky scored excellent SQM of 21:00 last night.

Mike

Did anyone get any images last night?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

No imaging - because although the sky was fantastic after the rain, there was more cloud on the way.  Conditions here are temporarily quite boggy after this morning's heavy rain but it's brightening up now.  Tonight could be a stunner!

Mike

Yeah i'm hoping tonight will be good. I've installed all my astro software onto my other laptop and hope to use that successfully tonight.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

had a brainstorm, is it Daylight Savings yes?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Fay,

That is a record.......asking a question and answering it in the same sentence and using only 5 words.
Please control those brainstorms :boom: as sometimes they hurt. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

It is BST up until 28th October.

Fay

so a YES then?

I have a lot of brainstorms Tony!!!!!!

MarkS

I always work in GMT. It makes it much easier.

Fay

weather looking dicky for tonight

Mike

Yep. Most forecasts are now saying cloudy until early in the morning.