• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DEEP SKY CAMP - MARCH 12th to 15th- BLACKLANDS FARM

Started by Mike, Feb 21, 2010, 20:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

So now Mick will not be blazing the trail, this weekend, who is going down Friday & what time, please ?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Quoteit won't last forever

Of course it won't, especially if you pass it on to some other poor bugger     ;)

I really must be poorly, I don't even fancy a beer  :o
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Mike

You are going to miss DSC becuase of a COLD !! What are you going to do at home that you can't do at DSC?

You're an even bigger wuss than I thought!!    :roll:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Looks like I may get there first then - around 7:30pm.

Mark

Mike

Not sure when i'll get down. Depends when I can get away from work. If I can i'd like to get down there before it gets dark.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I am having a bad day today.

As no one is going to DSC until late friday, I may go from Saturday. I asked the campercan place about a van for two nights & have been informed, he did not realise I wanted it that early & there would be no one there on saturday!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had already told him it was for this weekend.

No. 2. Have not received RDF from you know where. She told me it had been posted on tuesday, & that the one they sent before was the correct one!!! Even though it did not fit the DSLR shoe & it was an entirely different design to the picture on their site!!
They are sending it out today, even though I was told it was sent tuesday. My postage refund of £5,40 will take up to 30 days to refund, so if they send the wrong one again, & that has to go back, I will wait another 30 days for that to be refunded.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:Give me strength!!

Rocket Pooch

Fay,

I will be there tomorrow from midday.  I dropped the van off there today and have reserved the corner for us.

Chris

Fay

Oh will think about that then Chris, as long as it is not too cold for the tent. Also I would like a hookup for using with equipment & fan heater, will that be possible? I have not got a hookup cable for this time. Would I be able to work it, Chris?

Mac

QuoteI have not got a hookup cable for this time.

Fay as im not going this weekend, do you want to borrow my one?
You'll have to pop by to pick it up though, as we've got viewings tomorrow and im babysitting all afternoon.

Mac.

Rocket Pooch

I think if you put an extension through the caravan it might go pop, it only has 6 amp fuses and my heating will be on.  But there is noone there at the moment other than the people who are there most of the year.

Hey the weather looks ok this weekend as well Sunday night looks really good.

Chris

MarkS

The Thing

I'm now hoping to be there before dark on Friday. Cold has gone, my tent pole has been epoxied and the weather is looking up.

The Thing

MarkS

Quote from: Duncan
Red Dot Finder. Don't you know anything!  :lol:

Clearly not!

I was working backwards from the DSLR.  Since it fitted a DSLR shoe it must be a Flash.  But then what is R & D?  R is probably Remote. D for digital?  Remote Digital Flash?

Fay doing some creative DSC photography?