• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DEEP SKY CAMP - MARCH 12th to 15th- BLACKLANDS FARM

Started by Mike, Feb 21, 2010, 20:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Next DSC will be held at BLACKLANDS between Friday March 12th and Monday March 15th. No need to book (unless you want a hook-up), just turn up.

http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/

Blacklands Farm Campsite
Wheatsheaf Road (B2116)
Henfield
West Sussex
BN5 9AT
Tel: (01273) 493528
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Only 2 weeks now. So... Who is going to this one at Blacklands?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

That's really funny Mick!

Yep, I'm planning to go.

Mark

Tony G

I'll be going, but may not be for the full duration.

Mick, I'll have a look in my collection of tents, as I'm sure I have something similar to what your after, but if I haven't, then I may order one to add to the others. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Looking forward to seeing you put that away afterwards Mick. Maybe Mike can make a video and from his wealth of temporary shelter decommissioning experience, Tony can shout encouragement at you.

mickw

QuoteTony can shout encouragement at you

Nobody's ever encouraged me before  :cry:

Don't worry, I'll make you proud  :lol:

mickw

OK a bit premature but........................

The worst weather forecast for the week leading up to DSC is cloudy  :)

Better get some beer in  :lol:

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Err.. No. Unless you like to be electrocuted. There are no RCD's built into it which is kinda essential when you have a cable trailing in rain and where vehicles and people may cross.

mickw

Quoteis this hookup cable ok?

There are alternatives.

Do you have an extension lead with an RCD plug on it that you use in the garden anyway ?

If yes, you could plug the ebay one into the camp outlet and have the sockets inside your tent.  Then plug your RCD lead into it to serve outside and your mount etc.

If you haven't got one, something like this would be handy -
Toolstation
or
Screwfix

*Edit - or just one of these and fit it to your existing extension cable
You would still need the hookup cable as well though*

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44855/Electrical-Supplies/RCDs/Masterplug-RCD-Plug

There is a chance the campsite has RCD controlled hookups anyway - I'll check

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

I cant go to this one, as im involved in a huge change over on the Fri Sat & Sun, bit of a pain actually.

Mac.

Carole

Not sure, depends on the weather, can't face another cold weekend like the last one.  Also Mac currently has my laptop he's doing me a partitioned XP conversion on my Vista Laptop and as he's away next week I don't know when I will get it back.

If it's not too cold I might just come down to observe.

CArole

Rocket Pooch