• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DEEP SKY CAMP - MARCH 12th to 15th- BLACKLANDS FARM

Started by Mike, Feb 21, 2010, 20:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Just rang Blacklands - They're open and sounds like it's dried out OK (in most places)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Just rang Blacklands - They're open and sounds like it's dried out OK (in most places)

Excellent!  I'm looking forward to it!

The Thing

I'm looking forward to it as well, glad to hear the ground isn't a mud bath AND the weather looks more favourable (for camping at least).
At the moment though I have a terrible streaming cold. I hope I am over it properly by the weekend or I might have to pass.

mickw

Just had a look at the weather............

Not as warm and sunny as I'd hoped  :(

Still 2 1/2 days to go before commit o'clock

Mike

You big wuss. And the only one of us with a mobile home - sheesh!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Mike

Forecast for the weekend is saying a very low chance of rain and reasonably clear skies. Plus it hasn't rained for a while so the field should be pretty dry.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

I'm not going to be able to make this, as I've just started a new contract.

If anyone wants to take the mintron, please let me know...

Tony G

I'll be down on Saturday.

Mr Chairman, should you not be showing the rest of the society an example by attending the official DSC, like the last chairman.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Ian, yes please. Are you at home during the day tomorrow?

Ian

Tony, wherever possible, I'm taking Jim's lead. Except where he did something, in which case I'm up for a change :)

Mike, no I'm afraid. I'm around from about 18:30 or so.

Mike

mickw

I don't know how e did it, but Duncan has given me his cold - We shall have to have words  :evil:
Usual stuff, coughing, sneezing, can't taste anything and feeling like crap.

So barring miracle cures I'll be absent this weekend  :(
I've even got the van loaded.

A fine start for the new observing officer  :oops:

The Thing

There's a lot of it about. I am just getting over my cold Mick, it won't last forever, it will just seem like it. Keep wrapped up and have plenty of warm beer drinks.