• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DEEP SKY CAMP - MARCH 12th to 15th- BLACKLANDS FARM

Started by Mike, Feb 21, 2010, 20:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Didn't Delphine end up in hospital once when we were at Headcorn?

Dorry to hear you were ill Chris, and lets hope John is OK.

Sounds a fantastic night on Sunday.

Tony G

Well, John wanted to leave early as all he wanted was some Mint Sauce for breakfast, for whatever reason. But I felt very uneasy, as he was doing was humming 'Mary had a little Lamb' and 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' all the way home, staring............just staring, straight ahead.
Still he had his Mint Sauce, but I had my Full English.  :D

Great weekend (the bit I was there for) and some images with the Canon 350d to process (sort of) which I'll post.

Tony G

PS..........................Mark, you no longer have a monopoly on ISS images. So watch this Space. :o (pardon the pun)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

The Thing

Chris, glad to hear you are still alive after visiting a hospital.

We couldn't leave your scope in the field for any of the pikeys other caravaners to take a fancy to. And it wouldn't fit in the car. Julian, the Crayford AS man, who you may recall between sleep and coughing your guts up, had a big hand in moving your scope 'cos I said he couldn't have his cider back unless he did the donkey work. At least no sheep were harmed.

Get well.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Carole

His telescope has more headroom than Julian has ;)

Mike

Has Julian joined the OAS yet? Is he on the forum?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I don't think so, but is coming to the meeting tomorrow

Fay

Just found this of Duncan. Taken with Canon modified, cls filter Leitz lens, so  bit pink

Mac

QuoteJust found this of Duncan. Taken with Canon modified, cls filter Leitz lens, so  bit pink

If you take a custom white balance before you start you can loose the pinkness.

Mac.

Fay

Thanks Mac, I have now got an adaptor which will allow me to put my 2" X Nite filter on the front of the Leitz for normal photography with the Canon

Mike

Robert wanted some pics of my tent but I've lost all of the images from DSC. I think I had a corrupt memory card. Anyway, i've found some on the net so here goes :-

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan