• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Are you going to Feb Deep Sky Camp?

Started by Mike, Feb 24, 2008, 20:59:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Please vote if you are definately going to Deep Sky Camp, if you are definately NOT going or if you are still thinking about it. This is so I can get rough ideas of numbers so I know how much to cater for when getting the cooking ingredients.

PLEASE VOTE !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

How is everyone thinking about this weekend? Seems we have a similar situation to the last one regarding weather.

Are the 5 intrepid "yes's" still going even if it says 100% cloud & rain?

Can I say that, that will be, Ian, Tony, Mike Mick, Mac ( nic nac paddy wac)

Or are you all still pondering & may pull out if the situation is too bad? eg. Friday=raining, wind, cloud
Saturday= same.

Fay (as yet undecided)
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

I'm afraid it won't be me. I'm one of the nose.

Mick, mac, paddy whack...

I can only think of Joe, and we wouldn't whack him...

mickw

As I have only just started to get the feelings back in my extremeties from December, I am a maybe at the moment  :oops:
Getting tempted though, see what the weather gods have in mind  :D
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

MarkS

Weren't me, I haven't voted yet.  I planning to come unless the forecast is solid rain.

Tony G

It,s not me, I'm going flower arranging with Ian.

"This week I'll mostly be arranging Deadly Nightshade", while Ian works on 'The Pansy Posy'.

Tony G

PS  Only joking, I definitly be there Saturday, Friday depends on work.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

There is no way I would miss a DSC for anything. I will most definately be there.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

OH!!!

That's how you spell 'definitely'. Third time lucky :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Oi Tony! I see you've decided to have a go at seriously manly, so dangerous I might die, flower arranging while giving me "pansy posies". Thanks mate, but I'll be arranging Red Hot Pokers or something equally phallic.

Fay

Looks like Mike is this only with the stuff that pioneers are made of!

JohnP

Well my plans have changed - I can't make Friday anymore - the misses has gone & booked to go to theatre up London so I'll be baby sitting... Can't believe the 'Sound of Music' is getting in the way of my observing...

I've been feeling really *hit for last week & half so not sure about rest of weekend either - unless I make a full recovery.. I'll try & pop down sometime though to say hello.

Mike - I'll pass on food option thks as I can't guarantee I'll make it...

John.

PS - Based on way I feel Thursday is doubtful at moment as well - sorry.

PPS - I vote for Tony G. as president...

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Feb 26, 2008, 11:47:03.........the misses has gone & booked to go to theatre up London so I'll be baby sitting.......

I think it is about time you and your wife sat down for a serious chat.

Carole

I'm the 5th Voter!!

So if Ian and John aren't going, who's going to help look at the problems I have been having with my software?

Would you mind Mike?

Carole

JohnP

Carole - I'm sure Chris is planning on being down there on Sat & he is very familiar with K3, Registax etc... I still hope to be as well if I feel OK..

Mike - I have to agree with you totally.. I'll have to detail the priorities of Astronomy over The Sound of Music... just need to be diplomatic how I do it :-)

John