• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session 19 - Friday 7th March 2008

Started by Mike, Mar 05, 2008, 09:29:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The 19th Imaging Session will be held on Friday 7th March at 8pm (PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 8PM !!!!!! )

This is for the astrophotographers or people interested in learning about astrophotography to get together and do some imaging. Anyone else who wants to come to watch and learn, or just do some observing is also welcome. No equipment or prior knowledge is needed.

Hot and cold drinks and nibbles are provided.

You are welcome to stay overnight if it is clear and you wish to do some astrophotography (or watch others do it). Bring a sleeping bag if you are staying overnight. Bring an extension lead if you need mains power. You are more than welcome to bring your own equipment along.

Please note that any member is welcome, even if you have no equipment and just want to watch and learn.

If you need the address, my phone number or any other information then send me a PM.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

There will be no presentation this Friday. Instead it will be a 'Troubleshooting Session'. If you are having difficulty with a piece of kit, software or technique then bring what you need along to the meeting and we will try and sort it out for you.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Delphine

Quote from: Mike on Mar 05, 2008, 09:30:37
There will be no presentation this Friday. Instead it will be a 'Troubleshooting Session'. If you are having difficulty with a piece of kit, software or technique then bring what you need along to the meeting and we will try and sort it out for you.

Oh what a pity I could do with a trouble shooting session as I am having lots of trouble!!  Unfortunately I won't be able to make Friday as I will be in Capetown. 

Mike

Ian

what the whole of capetown, or just the bit Delphine is visiting?

Mike