• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - February 2008

Started by Mike, Dec 03, 2007, 10:26:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Less than 4 weeks to go !!!  :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

10 days !!

Who's going? I am !! :)

Mac

Me also, plus the dog.

and i've remembered to charge all my batteries this time. :roll:

JohnP

I hope to although metcheck long range weather forecast looks pants again....!

MarkS

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Feb 19, 2008, 17:57:23
I hope to although metcheck long range weather forecast looks pants again....!

Yeah but Deep Sky Camp isn't just about the astronomy !

Carole

I'm coming so long as it's not going to be brass monkeys.

My son and some friends (all interested in Astronomy) are planning to come, although I won't bank on it until they are actually there as I've been blown out by my son too many times before.  All full of good intentions until something else like a pop festival or a new girlfriend takes preference.

Carole

JohnP

QuoteYeah but Deep Sky Camp isn't just about the astronomy !

Mike - think I've been to enough to know that....! Clear skies do help though.....

Mike

OK i'm hoping this will work. I've reset the poll and renamed it with new choices. I need to know who is definately going to DSC, who is definately NOT going and who might go - that way I can get rough ideas of numbers so I know how much to buy for when getting cooking ingrediants. Please vote.

Mike

OK it isn't working. I'll do a new post.

Carole

Just looked at one of my trusty weather sites and it forecasts:

Friday overcast and Rain 9 degrees
Saturday daytime Scattered clouds 11 degrees
Saturday night Chance of rain 8 degrees
Sunday daytime Partly cloudy 10 degrees
Sunday night Partly cloudy 3 degrees

Carole

Mike