• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Bresser Messier N-203 EQ5 GOTO

Started by Les R, Jul 20, 2013, 07:18:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Mike

You can't go wrong with an ED80. Great scope.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Les R

Phew.....

I had to make a quick decision on buying or not (They go very fast as you know)...

I just went on instinct and Carole's comment "dont go bigger than 80mm"

Im hoping that this will last me for quite some time... but not be too narrow a field it'll cause difficulties for a noobie!

Carole

QuoteCarole's comment "dont go bigger than 80mm"
That was meaning while you are learning the ropes at imaging, you can always get something more powerful once you've got a bit of experience should you so wish.  An ED80 is ideal for a learner. 

As you've found out there is a good market for 2nd hand kit.  Even if you eventually decide to get something more powerful you will still need the ED80 at times anyway for larger objects like Andromeda galaxy, North America nebula, Orion nebula etc etc.  Most people tend to have more than one scope. 

Carole

Les R

Quote from: Carole on Aug 09, 2013, 09:24:14
QuoteCarole's comment "dont go bigger than 80mm"
That was meaning while you are learning the ropes at imaging, you can always get something more powerful once you've got a bit of experience should you so wish.  An ED80 is ideal for a learner. 

As you've found out there is a good market for 2nd hand kit.  Even if you eventually decide to get something more powerful you will still need the ED80 at times anyway for larger objects like Andromeda galaxy, North America nebula, Orion nebula etc etc.  Most people tend to have more than one scope. 

Carole

Yeh, I realised what you meant and why....... Though I already have 2 scopes! Actually - I've not collected it yet - and waiting to hear back on when I can! I do hope Im not gonna go through the same thing as with the WO66! - Nah - no one can be that bad!

It comes without an eyepeice (He had 3 for sale seperately at a bargain price - but got snapped up before he got back.) But I did buy one for the WO66 that never came off (28mm) so at least I can use it straight away, get used to it and EQMod and then attach a camera eventually!

Les R

Cant believe this.

I just chased up the guy to find out when it would be ok to collect (after Id received an acceptance of my offer) and he's said - sorry should have got back sooner - had a better offer and sold to them!

Jeez.... am I just unlucky?

Thats why Astrobuy and sell should be set out like a forum with replies visible.

Les R

Well that didnt take long! Something else sorted already!

I'm gonna keep quite this time and not say a dickie! (Bit of a wait until the end of August though)