• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 5th to 7th April

Started by Mike, Apr 02, 2013, 08:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

So who is going this weekend? The weather forecast is looking quite promising.

I've sent an email to Jackie at Rother Valley to ask about the state of the field and our usual corner.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I'll be coming if it's Rother Valley - it'll allow me to pop home and continue work on Dee's shed.

Ground conditions at home are much firmer now so I think it is also very likely RV is open.

Mark

Mike

OK it is definitely Rother Valley. Here is Jackie's reply:-

Dear Mike,

Yes we have plenty of space for the weekend. The condition of the field is fine, we had caravans and motorhomes over Easter Weekend without any problems.

I will save you pitches 12 onwards.

I won't be here myself and we have new Wardens and a new Reception so please let everyone know that they must stop when they enter the site and make themselves known to the new Wardens - Phil & Lindy.

Many thanks

Jackie
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Petra and I will be there. It's been too long since the last one.

Carole

I would like to come, but as I got absolutely perished last night being outside for a few hours I don't think I can face it unless it warms up a fair bit before the end of the week.

Carole

MarkS

Forecast looking excellent  8)

Friday night clear.
Sunny all day Saturday with little wind and a few degrees warmer than of late.
Saturday night mainly clear.

JonH

There is a slim chance I might be able to make this weekend too!  :o
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Fay

i wont be going as will not have enough time to recover for Kelling. if it was a nice weekend & a decent attendance, i may pop down for saturday
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

I'm trying to get over a nasty cough (2nd week) so unless a miracle happens and it fixes itself I won't be going :(

Fay

oh dear hope you get better Duncan. you have to look after that chest of yours
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
I'm trying to get over a nasty cough (2nd week) so unless a miracle happens and it fixes itself I won't be going :(

Shame :-(   
We'll miss you.

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
i wont be going as will not have enough time to recover for Kelling. if it was a nice weekend & a decent attendance, i may pop down for saturday

What do you mean "time to recover"?  You mean you won't have time to process all the excellent data from 2 clear nights in time to go to a wet and windy Kelling?

Mac

Typical,

Having worked every weekend for the last two years, I finally managed to get the last few off, as weve finished
our big projects at work.  :cheesy:

I was looking forward to this weekends DSC  :P

Im now working Fri Sat and sunday,  :(
so I wont be able to make it.

I've also managed to get Conjunctivitis  8) so that would have probably scuppered me anyway.

Mac.

mickw

QuoteI've also managed to get Conjunctivitis   so that would have probably scuppered me anyway.

But only if actually wanted to see something  :roll:

Bummer  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

QuoteBut only if actually wanted to see something