• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 22 June

Started by Fay, Jun 20, 2012, 08:09:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Who is going the weekend? I assume it is Rother. Weather not looking too good
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Weather's not looking bad but it doesn't look like imaging weather.

I'm game to go but haven't booked yet.  Might be a bit late to secure the corner area ...

The Thing

I will be going. Might be late evening arrival as I am decorating a shop on Friday.

Meteoblue says not too bad, clear Friday night but breezy. 7timer says roughly the same. BBC says woohoo it's going to be horrid we are a gloomy bunch get your brolly. I say where's the event shelter when you may need it!

Mike

Don't forget to book with Jackie at the campsite if you're going.

01797 253997

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I'm off fishing for the weekend and have a party to attend, so I won't be at this one.

Fay

Looks like heavy rain on sunday for packing up

The Thing

If no one else is going I might just stay at home :(

Fay

AAAh...............well see who is going even in the event of a lot of rain on the sunday

MarkS

Hmm....
It does look like heavy rain Sunday morning.  Haven't booked yet ...

Fay

Jackie has reserved the corner. Site has a lot of bookings the weekend.

Roy

Roy and I had hoped to make this one, whatever the weather, but now cannot  :( :(

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
Jackie has reserved the corner. Site has a lot of bookings the weekend.

Have you booked then?  If you or anyone else has booked then I'll definitely go.  Don't mind too much packing in the wet on Sunday.  But if they're forecasting wet, it's bound to be gloriously sunny  8)

Mark

Fay

well so far i am going, but getting hesitant, not sure what to do. Jackie thinks we are going at the moment

Carole

I'm thinking the weather is not going to be good plus I am doing the Solar Talk at High Elms on Sunday so don't think I can make this one.

Carole

Mike

What solar talk? I see no mention of any event this weekend in the last 2 committee meeting minutes.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan