• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 22 June

Started by Fay, Jun 20, 2012, 08:09:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

well there has been changeable weather, but a few nice intervals as well. not as bad, so far, as it has been painted  :cry:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

I feel deprived.
Deprived of the joy of packing my tent in the wind and rain!

mickw

Today's weather could have introduced a new DSC sport - Tent Hang Kite Gliding
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Well last night I had the joy of sleeping at Seaford campsite which is no more than 20 yards from the beach.  Anyway come 9:30 after a days walking etc I was pooped and I decided to go to kip, although the weather was getting really bad.

Well, I can sleep at any time in a tent, however Ian my mate, decided that I gave him food poisoning and was whining like a baby before he pooped off to the loo to well relieve himself, at which point it started chucking it down with rain.

I thought Ian had got it all wrong coming back to the tent because the guide ropes were twanging and all I could hear was moaning and really odd noises, I thought he was being quite ill. 

When Ian got back he said that the sunshine bus opposite us had lost a load of the kids who were running around the field.  He also said he felt a lot better and was going to sleep.  Which would have been good and the end to the noise if the couple next door had not started playing a mouth organ and small banjo, which in turn attracted the 8 south african lads who wanted them to come to their tent for some beer and fun.

Fortunately the weather then got really bad they all decided to goto bed, apart from the odd sunshine child who I could still head running around the field chasing a dog called Maggie.

The night was really windy are really wet, but did I like it, YES it was fun.

JohnP

But did you catch any fish... ;-)

MarkS

The joys of camping!

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: JohnP on Jun 25, 2012, 08:07:47
But did you catch any fish... ;-)

Did you see any on the BBQ yesterday?