• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - May 18th to 21st

Started by Mike, May 15, 2012, 15:40:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Oooh you will enjoy that Mark!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just watched "The Last Mimzy" a childrens film
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Were going there on the 25th and 26th, mainly because if it s clear the moon will be very nice and there's also saturn and mars knocking about, also you can Ha image as well.

Fay

The Thing

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on May 18, 2012, 07:55:56
Were going there on the 25th and 26th, mainly because if it s clear the moon will be very nice and there's also saturn and mars knocking about, also you can Ha image as well.
I'd be up for that if the weather is turns for the better.

MarkS

Kylee

MarkS

Cloudy tonight.
Cloudy all day tomorrow.
Heavy rain tomorrow night.

I don't think anyone is going.  Try again next weekend.

Fay

no one has come  on and said they are going Kylee. Leaves you a bit in the air, shame.
You know the ones that are not going

Mike

I'm not going this weekend due to the weather but may be up for an adhoc DSC next weekend if it's looking better.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

Ah shame but I understand...don't want my first weekend with you lot to be a miserable one! I'm not about the following weekend so I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

See you all at the meeting  ;)

Tony G

Well me and SWMBO (She who must be obeyed) will be going next week whether it be snowing or the sun beating down as I've worked it out that it is more than 12 months and more since I was last camping and it seems such a waste having 42 tents and not using any, and Flis is also not working next weekend which was alway a bit of a problem as the DSC's were every 4 weeks(moon phasing) which clashed with her rota.
So no matter what the weather I'll be there. ;) .................unless the X Factor or something like that is on :lol:

Tony G

PS........Mick, forget the motorhome for the moment until the birds have flown the nest, and use one of my 41 tents that I won't be using. Free of Charge..... during the day.  :cheesy:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Cheers Tony you're a real mate.  Can I have the one with the bar and jacuzzi please  :kiss:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Actually, the weather turned out far better than predicted.  It would have been a pleasant and fairly warm weekend camping even though no astronomy could be done.  Last night's rainfall turned out be be some fine drizzle.

The KESRailway had a 1940s weekend - there was a Douglas DC3 Dakota flying around Tenterden early yesterday afternoon  (seen from our house - I looked round when I heard the engine noise) and today there will be a Spitfire flying around Bodiam.

Mark

mickw

At least the weather had the decency to remain cloudy at night  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

we are prisoners of the weather forecasts. shame they cannot be accurate. Lots of forecasters all get their info from the same provider, so we all have a problem trying to average it out between them.

we were probably the sacrifical lambs, & by not going to DSC have made the weather better for everyone else!!!!

(ps, i am sure my first letter after a full stop used to automatically become a capital, without intervention from myself. Am I right or wrong?)