• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - May 18th to 21st

Started by Mike, May 15, 2012, 15:40:58

Previous topic - Next topic

julian

I'm going to try and get down there on Saturday   :D

Fay

the unsafe side is where I camp................................explosions expected!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Either explosions or showers of sparks where wet electric blankets go up in smoke, followed by a smell of crispy bacon.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

So Fay, is your nickname Crispy or Sparky :lol:

JohnP

Fay - I'm thinking with the warm sunny days expected & the cool nights there could be lots of mist - so make sure you have your 'portaloo' to hand or you could be getting lost again ;-)

Fay

I did think about that John!

Also, i have a new blowup bed it is really big & I hope it fits in the tent, I hope in this heat, that the air does not expand too much in it, causing it to explode!! I will be like one of those big balloons going up in the sky!!!!!!!

RobertM

Fay

The Thing

I'll be there Friday PM. No exploding air beds I hope.[

Testing the kit out now as it's so long since I put it all together that I don't know if it's all working.

Rocket Pooch

Will be there about 7 or 8pm dogs and everything!

Just got to fit a scope in..

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
Will be there about 7 or 8pm dogs and everything!
Just got to fit a scope in..

With your open top in the warm weather you can simply pile it high!

Fay

I am thinking of going tomorrow. Anyone else able to do that?

Carole

As the weather forecast is good I am thinking of coming, but we have tickets for the theatre on Saturday night.  Am thinking maybe going home on Saturday, leaving kit behind and then coming back again late after the theatre but this might present a problem with the car lights, I guess I could leave the car parked at the main gates (there is a car park there isn't there?)

Wish I could come tomorrow Fay, but I am doing the members evening talk on Thursday evening.

Carole

Mac

QuoteI am thinking of going tomorrow. Anyone else able to do that?

Are you going to make it back for the meeting?
Mac

Fay

I  forgot the meeting, would like to have heard Caroles talk........................ bet it will be hot in there!!!!