• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

April DSC

Started by MarkS, Apr 15, 2012, 18:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Anyone going?  I plan to be there ...

Carole

I'm going to Kelling Mark.
Was going to Dymchurch if you remember - but it got cancelled.

Carole

Kenny

Depends... I'm supposed to be on a hot air balloon ride if the weather holds.

Mike

I'm at Kelling too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

I thought everyone was going to Kelling  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Due to getting older this week I'm at home drinking beer this weekend and finishing me chicken coop.

Rocket Pooch

Actually if your handy with a drill and fork you can come here and help me out then image at night if clear, I can take a few cars.

The Thing

I am not at Kelling.

doug

Rose and I are at Kelling....... but don`t like the weather forecasts......  :(

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Delphine

Ian & I are at Kelling but don't like the forecasts either. 

Mike

Yeah it looks crap. Good job there is a pub on the campsite.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

It certainly does look awful.  I might not bother to go all that way and all that effort packing/driving/unpacking/pitching for crap weather. 

Carole

Rocket Pooch

I have a Pub 27 paces from my house!

A brewery 1 mile.

I have parking for 4.

Sue

Chris, thank you for the invitation, I would say that your pub is a lot closer than the campsite bar is to our pitches! But do you have a steam railway nearby?   ;)

Carole, where is your sense of adventure  :)   Roy and I are planning to travel up to Kelling on Thursday morning, we are ignoring all weather forecasts and will make the best of it whatever the conditions.(In addition to the scope I will be packing hot water bottles, full wet weather gear and sunglasses!) It will be much more fun than going to work  :D

Carole

Hi Sue,

It is one thing getting unexpected bad weather and another going knowing it in advance, not my idea of "adventure". 
After the wind of Last April and then the horrible rain and wind at Salisbury in October I think I have had my fair share of rotten camping weather this year without adding yet another to it. 

I will watch the weather forecasts and make a decision before Thursday. 

Carole