• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

April DSC

Started by MarkS, Apr 15, 2012, 18:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hey there are some Keilling pitches being sold on astro buy sell for this weekend.

Carole

QuoteHey there are some Keilling pitches being sold on astro buy sell for this weekend.
Yup, mine, thought I'd give it a bash.

Carole

Sue

Sorry you are poorly Carole, hope you feel better soon. Good luck with passing on your pitch. I must admit I was waivering this morning - my enthusiasm rather dampened when I went down the garden earlier! However still on course to set of first thing.

Mike

The weather forecast isn't looking quite so dire at the moment. I still fully intend to go though may only take visual kit as I doubt very much the conditions will be conducive for imaging.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I'm definitely not going regardless now as I am feeling pretty lousy and tucked up in bed most of the evening with a fluctuating temperature.

Carole

Mike

Weather looking a bit better still today. Less wind and rain. Low chance of clear skies though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Delphine

It is unlikely that we will be going.  Ian is recovering from a torn muscle in his calf and I have just got back from a warm Johannesburg and feeling the cold!!  If the weather dramatically improves we may change our minds.  Hope you feel better soon Carole.

Cheers
Delphine

Mac

Sorry won't be there I'm sunning it in the canaries :cheesy:
But so far no clear nights.  :!
Mac

Mike

Doug, Rose and I are here at Kelling and set up. It showered a few times on the way but was dry when we got here. The ground is nice and dry and so far no wind. Fay "Dark Horse" Saunders was already here when we arrived and Sue and Roy are now setting up their tent.

Looks like about 100 pitches are occupied so far and more people slowly arriving.

Mac

It's sunny here with blue skies, 27 in the shade  :cheesy:

MarkS

Have a good time, you all ...

Mike

Looking a little better now.....

Mike

Morning campers. We have a nice warm sunny day here at Kelling. Enjoyed a few beers and a nice steak and chips meal at the site pub last night.

Today a group have gone off with cameras ino the woods to take some pictures. Let's hope they don't get arrested.

I'm going for a little drive to the coast to have a look and pick up a bit of food for tonight.

Rick

Bright and sunny here earlier. Chucking it down now, and some of the precipitation's solid...  :brolly:

Carole

Hope you're all having a good time at Kelling and the weather is not too unkind.  I am still not sufficiently recovered to attempt to come up there so will have to miss this one altogether.

Keep us updated.

Carole