• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

April DSC

Started by MarkS, Apr 15, 2012, 18:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Quote from: Sue on Apr 16, 2012, 13:36:02
Carole, where is your sense of adventure  :)   Roy and I are planning to travel up to Kelling on Thursday morning, we are ignoring all weather forecasts and will make the best of it whatever the conditions.

Hear Hear !!!

:D

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Sue

I can see your point Carole, so fingers crossed for a better outlook by Thursday.

Cheers, Sue.

Fay

So is just Mark & Duncan going to DSC?

I think it may be a full crew in May
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Actually I may give this one a miss - I have lots of things I should be doing at home :-(

Good news is that the patio is now finished so I have a bit of tidying up to do.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Was it done by Patio Doors the Irish builder?

Fay

I have the floor tiles going down today!! i wont be able to clear up until I come back from Kelling
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Do you have your waterproofs?

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
Do you have your waterproofs?

For the kitchen?  Or for Kelling?  Or both!

Mike

I think the essential kit for Kelling is :-

A) Waterproofs to walk to the pub
B) Beer money
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I think to walk to the pub, toilets, showers, car to tent etc...

mickw

Just had a quick look at last years Deep Sea Camps, it was June before anything really constructive was achieved before then it was rain, wind and clouds all the way, apart from the snow.

That was at Rother, Blacklands, Kelling and France (Chris)  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Well I have now gone down with a sore throat and feeling wretched, so I think that and the weather combined knocks Kelling on the head. 

Hope you all have a good time those who go. 

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Deep Sea Camps

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Rocket Pooch

I have a roof rack for Larry now, maybe I should put the scope on that, Mick hows your Larry?

mickw

I'll be OK when I get my fillings put back and my hearing returns  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional