• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Sessions 2011

Started by Mike, Nov 16, 2010, 09:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Here are the imaging session dates for 2011. I have only had 2 people come forward to volunteer for 2011 (Dates TBC) which is a real shame so there are only 4 official dates so far:

Friday 25th February
Friday 27th May
Friday 19th August
Friday 18th November

Venue: Mikes House starting at 8pm.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Two new dates have been added for 2011 so the dates so far are:-

Friday 25th February - Mikes
Friday 25th March - Caroles
Friday 27th May - Mikes
Friday 19th August - Mikes
Friday 30th September - Caroles
Friday 18th November - Mikes

Start time: 8pm

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

enjoyed the cultural imaging evening, Mike
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Just a reminder that tomorrow there is an imaging session at my house starting at 8pm. If you've not been before and want to go then send me a message and i'll reply with the address.

Carole

Apologies for tomorrow night Mike I am away for a few days.

Carole

RobertM

Im sorry but I can't make it either.  Hope you have a good evening.

Fay

Mike, it is 80% i will not be coming tonight, sorry about that

Fay

Mike

Fay

If visitors were going to be gone or not........................ and they were'nt:o

Tony G

:o

Have you been on the Sherry Fay. :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Mike

Mark has added an extra day in October so the dates are now:-

Friday 25th February - Mikes
Friday 25th March - Caroles
Friday 27th May - Mikes
Friday 19th August - Mikes
Friday 30th September - Caroles
Saturday 1st October (Overnight) - Marks
Friday 18th November - Mikes

Start time: 8pm

Les

Oct 1st? Day before my birthday. Is it ok to come along?

mickw

Les, you may want to consider going to an imaging session closer to home, if only for a chat or to see what goes on.
They are usually held in the Bromley/Orpington area at a members home, the one in October is close to Ashford.

The chance of getting a lift is slim due to the amount of equipment that usually gets taken, which is even worse at DSCs - you already know the size of a dobsonian.

I am not trying to scare you off, but this can rapidly become an expensive hobby (astro photography) and you need to appreciate what you are potentially getting into.

Try not to rush into any decision.

Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Les,  it's a bit to early to tell whether I'm going but if I do , which is most likely, then you are welcome to a lift.  Do bear in mind though that you will be spending most of the night at Marks freezing to death with the rest of us ;)