• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Sessions 2011

Started by Mike, Nov 16, 2010, 09:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Here are the imaging session dates for 2011. I have only had 2 people come forward to volunteer for 2011 (Dates TBC) which is a real shame so there are only 4 official dates so far:

Friday 25th February
Friday 27th May
Friday 19th August
Friday 18th November

Venue: Mikes House starting at 8pm.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Two new dates have been added for 2011 so the dates so far are:-

Friday 25th February - Mikes
Friday 25th March - Caroles
Friday 27th May - Mikes
Friday 19th August - Mikes
Friday 30th September - Caroles
Friday 18th November - Mikes

Start time: 8pm

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

enjoyed the cultural imaging evening, Mike
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Just a reminder that tomorrow there is an imaging session at my house starting at 8pm. If you've not been before and want to go then send me a message and i'll reply with the address.

Carole

Apologies for tomorrow night Mike I am away for a few days.

Carole

RobertM

Im sorry but I can't make it either.  Hope you have a good evening.

Fay

Mike, it is 80% i will not be coming tonight, sorry about that

Fay

Mike

Fay

If visitors were going to be gone or not........................ and they were'nt:o

Tony G

:o

Have you been on the Sherry Fay. :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Mike

Mark has added an extra day in October so the dates are now:-

Friday 25th February - Mikes
Friday 25th March - Caroles
Friday 27th May - Mikes
Friday 30th September - Caroles
Saturday 1st October (Overnight) - Marks

Start time: 8pm

Les

Oct 1st? Day before my birthday. Is it ok to come along?

mickw

Les, you may want to consider going to an imaging session closer to home, if only for a chat or to see what goes on.
They are usually held in the Bromley/Orpington area at a members home, the one in October is close to Ashford.

The chance of getting a lift is slim due to the amount of equipment that usually gets taken, which is even worse at DSCs - you already know the size of a dobsonian.

I am not trying to scare you off, but this can rapidly become an expensive hobby (astro photography) and you need to appreciate what you are potentially getting into.

Try not to rush into any decision.

Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Les,  it's a bit to early to tell whether I'm going but if I do , which is most likely, then you are welcome to a lift.  Do bear in mind though that you will be spending most of the night at Marks freezing to death with the rest of us ;)

Rocket Pooch

Am I the only one wondering who Les is :-), do you have a picture Les?  Can't remember you at a meeting.

Chris

:squirrel:

Mike

Rick,

The August Imaging Session date on the front of the OAS website is wrong. Can you amend it please. Thanks.

Rick

Les

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Jul 10, 2011, 08:17:46
Am I the only one wondering who Les is :-), do you have a picture Les?  Can't remember you at a meeting.

Chris

:squirrel:

I be one of the newbies. Only been to one meeting (the last one) and no pic yet.

Mike

Carole will now be hosting an Imaging Session at her house on the 8th October from 8:15pm onwards.

The dates for Imaging Sessions for the rest of 2011 are therefore now:-

Saturday 1st October (Overnight) - Marks
Saturday 8th October - Caroles

Mike

Mark, can you confirm what time your session will start please?

MarkS

There's no real start time - arrive anytime from late afternoon onwards.

Mark

Mike

Mike

I can't do the 18th November now due to a family party. How about Friday 2nd December instead?

Carole

Another concert that night I'm afraid.

Carole

Mike

Any other objections to the 2nd December?

doug

Okay with us, Mike.  The following day is the BEECHE moonwatch.....

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

OK only one objection so i'm going to make it the 2nd December.

Ian please can this date change be announced at the meeting and Rick can you please update the website.

Thanks,

Mike

Rick

Mike

Just a reminder to all that are interested that the final Imaging Session of 2011 will be this Friday at my house from 8pm onwards. Festive treats will be provided.

See you there.

Mike

Final reminder for tonights Imaging Session at 8pm onwards.

Anyone is welcome. Just send me a Private Message if you need my address.

The session goes on regardless of weather. If it is clear we will go out in the garden. If it is cloudy we will stay in, eat nibbles, drink and chat. Either way it is a nice social evening.

See you tonight if you are coming.

:)

Fay

see you later, Mike, thanks