• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

30th Anniversary Meeting - Tomorrow

Started by Ian, Oct 27, 2010, 07:11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Just a reminder, this meeting starts at the earlier time of 6:30pm with Gilbert presenting "The History of OAS".

The main speaker Helen Walker will be on at the usual time.

Rocket Pooch

Ian

Its a normal meeting, just longer.

With a B.Y.O buffet, if people remember   :D

PhilB

We haven't been to an OAS bring your own buffet before and aren't sure of the formalities. Are we bringing scoff that will be placed on a table for everyone to eat? This makes a difference in terms of volume, as, in my case, I'm not be allowed to eat or drink anything tomorrow evening!

I guess that at this point I should insert HIJACK ALERT!!!!!

I've now heard Gilbert talk about the OAS and also about his involvement in the RGO on several occasions. These have been very interesting and informative talks. One thing bothers me - is anybody writing this down? Without a written record all this information will eventually be lost.

End of Hijack....
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Ian

Phil, if it goes as it does at christmas, there is a good spread. We often have food left over so bring enough for one or two people.

We'll lay the buffet out in the other room with tea and coffee as usual.

PhilB

OMG! Thursday evening is not going to be easy.....
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Carole

QuoteI'm not be allowed to eat or drink anything tomorrow evening!
QuoteOMG! Thursday evening is not going to be easy.....
Perhaps you need to stay in the meetings room and not go into the refreshment hall Phil out of temptations way.

Carole

Tony G

Hi all,

At what time does the BYOB start? as I'm wondering, if the fish & chips, and Doner Kebab will get cold, or is there a way or keeping them warm? as it's not right to reheat them too many times, because I'm getting them this evening, and heating them before I set off tomorrow. :-?

Tony G

PS.......................Can I bring a dear friend along who is a non-member, and is interested in astronomy?
Please let me know ASAP so I can let him know. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Non members are allowed to attend on the basis that they might want to join and are coming to see what we are like before they commit.  They are allowed a couple of meetings to make up their mind.

Carole

Tony G

OK, thanks.

I'll see you there tomorrow then, Rocket Pooch, and don't forget some goodies. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

QuoteCan I bring a dear friend along who is a non-member,

Is your friend edible  :o
:baa:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

What are you trying to say, is this freind going to be the buffet?

mickw

Tut

Tony  only has one friend - That's hardly enough for THE buffet  :roll:

I was hoping for PART of the buffet
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional