• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling Heath Autumn Star Party 2011

Started by Carole, Jul 01, 2010, 12:02:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Yes I know this seems ages away, but the Autumn Star Party gets booked up almost as soon as the one for the previous year starts.

For this year's event
http://www.starparty.org.uk/

We discussed at Kelling Heath that we would go on this and book really early, and on speaking to some-one who regularly goes to the September Star party - bookings start literally on the first day that the September 2010 event starts which is 11th September and to stand a chance of getting booked we should apply then or we might be disappointed, or at least not be able to be together. (This will be 3 days after I get back from Australia).

Now I am willing to book this, but will need numbers before I go away on 14th August.  So this will give every-one 6 weeks to sign up and a meeting at which to annouce it and collect some money if possible (currently £12 per night).  

So please sign up here if you would like me to book.  I'll do my best to try to get pitches roughly where we have booked for April.  

Carole

Mike

I thought we'd already booked for this?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

We've only booked for the April one Mike.

Who did your booking?
I think it might have been through Robert via a pitch we had spare for some reason.

Carole

Carole

OK, I have had no response from this so I assume no-one wants to go.  Bookings opened in the last week or so for this and they get snapped up quickly, so unless some-one comes back to me in the next couple of days I'll make my own booking. 

Julian, you normally go to this, have you booked already and if so what is your pitch number?

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Looks like your Johnny no mates for this one Carole!

Carole

It's OK, there are other non OAS people going who I know.

Carole

Carole

Kelling Heath have re-organised pitches again to do with new regulations and the bookings for Sept 2011 only re-opened today because of this.  If any-one is pondering you need to get in quick as September Star Party gets booked up very quickly.  I have booked from 22 - 26th September pitch number 328 should any-one want to join me. 

I wanted to go in September as well as April to get Spring and Autumn skies. 

Carole