• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

November DSC

Started by MarkS, Oct 22, 2010, 10:20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Never mind - If we have plenty of BEER and that French sh*t then we should be just fine.

If it's windy i'll bring the octopus.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Well I will think twice if I cannot get down because of weather, on Friday, too much palavar for 2 nights. If I don't camp, I will visit on the saturday.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Ok, I have decided not to camp, although saturday is looking promising, it is all the other weather around it!

I will come down around 11am for the day on saturday. Bit fedup about my decision, but hopefully december will be better, always difficult to make decisions when the weather is so unpredictable.

Mike

I have to admit, the forecast is looking pretty dismal. There are severe weather warnings for most of the rest of the country too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

With rain nearly every day for over a week and more forecast for the weekend it's unlikely I'd be able to get the van up the hill to the corner even if they do let me drive on the field.

I will not be going :-?

The bummer is, I've spent over a week getting the bloody van loaded, installing and testing EQMod, setting up and testing guidescope and camera, testing new modded camera, making assorted leads and dew heaters  :(

This evening I'll cancel me staying and ask if we can book for December - I will not cancel this weeks booking for everyone in case someone decides to brave the storm

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

I know how dissappointing it is Mick, I feel the same. We will have to drown our sorrows tuesday night, imaging session!!!!

mickw

Quoteimaging session!!!!
:roll:
Observing Evening.............

Not that it makes any difference - rain/cloud forecast as usual anyway  :(

And I agree - drown sorrows  :)

MarkS

At the present time, I'm still planning to go. 
Forecast is still for some clear sky on Saturday night.

Mark

mickw

I have cancelled but have said that a couple are still going.

If you have booked and NOT going, please let them know.

See other post re December

MarkS

Is anyone else going? 
'Cos if not, I'll winge out as well.
I don't want to be out alone on a wet dark night ...

Rocket Pooch

Mark you can allways setup in my garden.

Chris

The Thing

I'm planning on going. Not booked so pooch garden attractive.

julian

Just checked the weather and looks like I am probably going to blow it out at the weekend.

Julian

MarkS

Chris,

Thanks for the offer!
However, I will go down to Rother Valley because I want to explore the area a bit on the Saturday.

Mark

MarkS

Arriving tonight between 7:30pm and 8:00pm.

Mark