• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

November DSC

Started by MarkS, Oct 22, 2010, 10:20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Quote from: MarkS on Nov 06, 2010, 13:26:25
Just managed to free the car.  It was stuck after the overnight rain but the sun has dried the ground enough to free it.

This time... ;)

MarkS

Trouble was that last night, in the dark, I parked in a slight dip - now parked on higher ground.

Carole

Does the little mobile phone symbol next to Marks entry show that he's posting from a mobile site, and if so at least shows he's not kidding us from home.

Carole

MarkS

Its my blackberry.  I've decided to stay tonight as well - might be some clear bits.

Tony G

Quote from: Carole on Nov 06, 2010, 14:52:05
and if so at least shows he's not kidding us from home.

And what is stopping him sending these messages from his Blackcurrent thingy from Sidcup! :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

PhilB

Nice to see that's there's at least one real astronomer amongst us! My excuse? Some bu^^er changed the dates which meant that I was aiming at the wrong part of the calendar  :roll:
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Mark, hope you get a rewarding result for your persistance
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

PhilB

If he's got "lucky cam" with him I'm sure we'll all regret not going!!
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Tony G

Fay,

Have you ever known Mark to be unlucky. No doubt that a meteorite will land in the middle of the field with only mark there to take the photos. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

PhilB

Old hat, Tony, Marks already processing the image!!

MarkS

Let's see if this works - blackberry gps location:
http://maps.blackberry.com?lat=51.00798&lon=0.61105&z=4&label=Rother,+United+Kingdom&city=Rother&country=United+Kingdom

PhilB

Sorry, Mark, but on my system this just takes me to a world map which tells me you're somewhere on the planet...

PhilB

Hold on a mo....the whole of the address given in your post doesn't seem to be active. If I paste the complete address into my brower then I do, indeed, get the Rother Valley campsite.....so your Blackberrys  there at least...

mickw

The link should be -

http://maps.BlackBerry.com?lat=51.00798&lon=0.61105&z=4&label=Rother,+United+Kingdom&city=Rother&country=United+Kingdom

Not sure whether to admire you or be afraid of you - You're either dedicated or insane  ;)

SAT24 is showing a possibility of about 40% cloud at the moment - good luck  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Accuweather shows +3 feeling like -1 with partly cloudy through to 2am tomorrow (Sunday). If I could have got my arse in gear, I'd have been there with you  :roll: