• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

November DSC

Started by MarkS, Oct 22, 2010, 10:20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

I won't be able to make it. 6th it's my birthday (not a problem), 7th it's my Fiona's birthday and she wants to go somewhere nice. Unfortunately that doesn't mean the picturesque and lovely Rother Valley Campsite.  :cry:

Mike

I wont be able to make the one at the end of Nov. but can make one on the weekend of the 5th.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Rother Valley informed dates are now 5th to 8th November and names and addresses sent for the Loco Club.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

have you cancelled the later one or are we having two?

mickw

Cancelled the later one due to Bad Moon Rising

Tony G

But I like the Moon................I can seem to focus on that OK, with no issues. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

so is that it for 2010, or are we having a December dsc?

mickw

Nothing planned for December or January

Kidneys and liver need a couple of months to recover

MarkS

I hope we're having one early in Dec also ...

The Thing

I'll be there in early Dec.

Might be one for the hard core weird french s41t aficionados and cider drinkers (probably need to be hot and mulled). Loads-a-antifreeze :twisted:

mickw

There has never been anything planned for December.

Don't know if it was because November was going to be a late one.

The Thing

Maybe an overnighter to the Beachy Head car park is in order. No mud problems...

mickw

If we wait until we can see what the conditions/situations are like at Rother Valley on 5th Nov, we might be able to go there again in December.

*Also don't forget to book for November*

julian

I can do both now I have changed my call out cover at work :P :P :P :P

Carole

Think I am going to duck out of the winter DSCs unless the weather is unusually good.  I would be up for this though.
Quotean overnighter to the Beachy Head car park is in order. No mud problems...

Carole