• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

June uDSC - 4th to 6th June - Rother Valley Campsite

Started by Mike, May 17, 2010, 14:10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Quote from: Carole on May 29, 2010, 09:26:42
I know some-one who has a farm on Dartmoor and asked her a while back if she knew any campsites we could use and was it dark?

As long as it doesn't turn out like your friend at Stairs Farm ;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Carole, you know a lot of people around the country!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

QuoteAs long as it doesn't turn out like your friend at Stairs Farm
Yeah I thought that was coming.

I'm taking no responsibility for the one in Devon, I know nothing about the campsite except it's dark and on the edge of Dartmoor, you'll have to read it up, make enquiries and decide for yourselves.

Incidentally the person at Stairs farm was not my friend, she was just the person who ran the place, I only knew her by name as I spoke to her beforehand.  

QuoteCarole, you know a lot of people around the country!!
Such as......

I only know this person who runs the Farm near the campsite in Devon as she used to be a neighbour many years ago and moved down to Devon and our parents were still friends.  I met up with her in November as I went down to Devon for a family party, and just asked her if she knew any campsites on Dartmoor.

Carole

Carole

I'm sorry I can't get to Rother Valley as it sounds a promising venue.

Carole

MarkS

Unexpected change in social calendar means I can now get there - will try to book today.
Mark

Rocket Pooch

I can't been camping the last three weekends out of 4, I need to sleep in a normal bed before I go off on my motorbike in two weeks camping again (France, Switz, Spain, Andora etc).

But I'll probably pop over for a chat..

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I've received confirmation from Rother Valley.

See you there :-)

The Thing

I may be coming down for a visit on Saturday - trying to sweet talk my Fiona - wish me luck!

Mike

Bring her with you. We've never seen her anyway so she probably doesn't exists.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Looks like I have a pass for Friday night so I'll see you all there.

Mike

Mike

So far I make that myself plus :-

MickW
Mark
Robert

Anyone else?