• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Blacklands Closed

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 12, 2010, 08:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

If there's a hard standing not being used, then there will be a spare hookup.
Presumably the hookups are associated with the hard standings.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

QuotePresumably the hookups are associated with the hard standings.
What she said to me was that hard standings have priority for Hook ups, if there are any left over the tents can use them. 

I think we should see when we get down there as what she told me and what she told Mike doesn't match unless she's had some late bookings.  But can't imagine any-one other than people like us wanting to camp this time of the year!!!

Otherwise perhaps those who have got hook up can let us plug something in if necessary.  My 2 DSLR batteries only seem to be enough for a few hours, so if by any miracle, we get two clear nights they'll need re-charging.  As it's cold I'm not too worried about using the camping fridge.

Carole

Mike

If I remember rightly she said there were 8 hook-ups and only 3 of those were for tents. I might have got that wrong though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteIf I remember rightly she said there were 8 hook-ups and only 3 of those were for tents. I might have got that wrong though.
Would you mind double checking when you get the code, or is that being text to you?

Thanks

Carole

Tony G

So, who is going, and from when, and for how long?

Well, I am, and I'll be there Friday afternoon until Monday. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

I'm planning on coming down Friday, and will stay to Monday if the weather/skies are OK. 

Carole

Mike

(Don't forget to post a vote in the poll if you haven't already).

I'll be there from Friday night to Sunday.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Friday evening 'til Sunday morning.

Mac

All weekend

Fri - Mon. again depending on weather.

Probably try and get down there for 3ish.

Mac

Carole

Oh Gawd!

It's so long since I went to DSC (Feb 2009) that I can't find half my stuff.
So far, can't find:

Inner tent,
hose that connects the cooker to the Gaz,
new ground sheet
hook up!!!   
Or the new stand I bought to put the cooker on. 

Good job I started looking early!!!!

Carole

mickw

So

The only problems you'll have will be being, cold, wet and hungry - Sorted  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

My husband has been insulating the loft, and he's moved everything around, that will be fun trying to find it all!!!

Carole

Tony G

Quote from: Carole on Feb 16, 2010, 14:13:06
Oh Gawd!

It's so long since I went to DSC (Feb 2009) that I can't find half my stuff.
So far, can't find:

Inner tent,
new ground sheet
hook up!!!   

As Carole has no hook up, and I was next on the list, I feel its only right that I should have first dibs, and if Carole has no tent either, then there is a motorhome or caravan which may accommodate. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

QuoteAs Carole has no hook up, and I was next on the list, I feel its only right that I should have first dibs
Found it!!!  So I'm still first in the queue for Hook up!!!
Also the inner tent thank goodness, also the new cooker stand (as suspected hubby moved to the opposite side of the loft with loads of other junk, but of course he didn't remember where he had put it!!!).

Still to find the gaz pipe and new ground sheet.

Carole

Carole

Bit presumptious, but just trying to work out how much food to bring down.  Are we having a "camp/communal meal" at all, or is that no longer done (I've not been to DSC for a while)?

CArole