• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Bubble Nebula and M52 widefield

Started by Fay, Oct 20, 2009, 12:33:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Canon 350D, 18x300 secs, Skywatcher Pro ED80, flats & darks 191009

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Very nice Fay.  Nice and sharp but I get the feeling of a touch too much redness (though I may be wrong).

Another thing, and I hate to ask, but ... have you gone Pro with your spikes or are they au naturale ?

Fay

Robert I thought i would put a couple  of pro ones in, but have another naturale version as well. What is that top right big red? Do you know

Mac

Quotehave you gone Pro with your spikes or are they au naturale ?

Oi no, we'll have none of that round here laddie.
Can't mention Spikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you'll start to get the police involved   :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

Nice image, although a tad red.

RobertM

Fay, that is the central part of Sh2-157 which covers all the nebulosity in that small area to the top right.

Mac, I was refering to Fays jogging shoes ... and not the 'angular stellar illuminations' sometimes seen in these parts.  :-?

Fay

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mac, I was trying to be discreet....thought no one would notice.......until you came along!

Rick

First thing I noticed was the spikes. You've an ED80 (a refractor) so you should be getting a much cleaner image. The spikes ruin it for me.

Daniel

Lovely image Fay, and love the FOV, I had a play with star spikes pro last night, and founf it annoying how good it made some of my images look, I like star spikes myself,  as you know i've wrapped wire over the end of my refractor before just to get them, but im not a fan of fake ones, that said, I did have a play with taking the star spikes themselves off and just used the soft secondary glow it applies and using that to accentuate the star colours and that looked quite nice!

Daniel
:O)

Rocket Pooch

Hi Fay,

Thats excellent a little orange, love the diffraction spikes.

Chris

Fay

Thanks, i will change the colour a tad

MarkS

Fay,

It's a lovely field of view making it a very interesting image.  You've plenty of H-alpha there - I don't think it looks too red but it does look like you have a bit of a left-right orange gradient.

Is that the full frame? Do you use a field flattener - the stars look very sharp in the corners?  Did you use a filter?

That Canon 350D certainly produces good images!

Mark

P.S. I prefer it without the added diffraction sp*kes.

Fay

Thanks Mark. Yes I did use the 0.8 fr, i cropped it slightly but I think the stars were ok to the edge, it was just the stacking that was slightly out.

I will have a look at the gradient & process the dup copy.....without spikes!!!!!!!

The subs were nearly white without a cls filter, which i used in the end, & I forgot how to do Canon flats, so trial & error there.

Mac

Could we please refrain from using the word SPIKES in any posts, and from now on call them
Spaghetti hoops. ;)   

Dont forget they are out there, :police:
Hiding, lying in wait,
and then all of a sudden............................................................:police:

Gone, locked down forever.............. :cheesy:

Mac

Fay

Mac, I am thinking of becoming heavily disguised, worried about arrest & incarceration :cry:

Mike

I think i'd prefer teh image without the spaghetti hoops in. But it looks great all the same.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan