• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

August DSC

Started by Tony G, Aug 02, 2009, 14:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Quote from: Space Dog on Aug 04, 2009, 18:13:32
I poped into blacklands last week, they now have a boat and cows

Are the cows allowed to use the boat?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Yes they are, as they are the only ones that can steer it.......................................with the UDDER at the back.  :lol: :lol:

Tony G

PS...............................Sorry about that.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

I would not milk that joke for moo long...

Mike

Turn the udder cheek and mooo-ve on.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Just as well is summer or we would be Friesian  :o

doug

I suppose that these are the cream of the crop ........
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

On previous Society visits to Woodlands, were these visits during the summer months avoiding Bank Holidays ?

Were they as chaotic as our last visit ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

We've only been once before. It was in the summer but on a non-Bank Holiday weekend and we had most of the lower part of the field to ourselves.

According to teh survey only 8 people are going to DSC this time.

If you haven't voted then please do so.

Rocket Pooch

I guess that 8 going, 7 of whom would not care where it is given enough drink, Frodo is comming does that count as 9?

Mike

OK the majority is for Blacklands so we will hold it there.

mickw

I thought Frodo  ate for 2 - so that would be 10  :lol:

Tony G

Well I'm booked up for the weekend and Flis has decided to join me, but I don't know why?  :-?
She says it's because it's our Wedding Anniversary on the saturday. but I said that I didn't need reminding, that I remembered the other 18, or was it 20. Well at least I remembered the date.  :oops:
That's when the fighting started.

Tony G

PS......................Flis has pointed out to me in a rather stern voice, that we have been happily married for 10 years, married for 22, but only 10 of them were happily.   ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

The Thing

I'll be there - but have a barbecue to go to Saturday afternoon - but I may just make excuses if:
a) the weather is too good
and/or
b) I have too big a hangover Saturday a.m.
and
c) I pay for a taxi to take my Fiona to the aforementioned food cremation activity thus staying happily married.

Mac

due to work commitments,
Im going to try and get down either sat or sun or both.

This years been a tad hectic.

Mac.

mickw

What is everyones planned arrival time ?

If by some miracle I get there first, where is the favoured area ?
*OK, just read my booking reply - space reserved for our party*

Didn't know we were having a party  :lol: