• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Crescent Moon & Venus.

Started by doug, Mar 04, 2009, 08:53:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

...though I found things in the OAS gallery a little... mangled...  :roll:

I can see you tried to upload the image to the gallery, but I confess I can't figure out just what you did wrong to mangle things so... interestingly... ;)

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

It`s wonderful what a lack of knowledge on my part can spark off............ ;)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

doug

........ and sorry, Rick.  I hope I haven`t mangled the Gallery up irreparably.  You`ll have to re-explain how to do it properly.  I will learn to do it one eon!!!!   :(
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Delphine

Nice pic Doug.  I also took one with my camera hand held, no telescope and was thinking of trying to upload it but am having second thoughts now as I couldn't see Doug's pic either and am also very good at mangling things!

Rick

There are instructions on how to put images into the gallery in this topic.

I'm actually not quite sure where the gallery problems came from, but they seem to have something to do with something you (Doug) did. If I figure it out, I'll adjust the instructions to help other folk avoid the issue. Likewise, if it turns out to be something else entirely... ;)

Delphine

Right I have successfully put my moon and venus picture into the gallery.  Not sure if that is the right place for it as it doesn't compare with all the other fantastic images.  I really intended to put it in here not the gallery but I haven't figured that out yet and now I am off to recover with a cup of tea!

Mike

I thought it was Doug's Moon & Venus image?!?!?!? I am confused now.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Dougs is on "amateur-astronomy" and Delphines is on "OAS"

I think - although I have been known to get things wrong  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Delphine

Quote from: mickw on Mar 05, 2009, 16:25:46
Dougs is on "amateur-astronomy" and Delphines is on "OAS"

I think - although I have been known to get things wrong  :oops:

Oh!  I wondered why I couldn't find Doug's.  Mine is the one where I am called Murray! - and has a lighter background with some twigs on the left hand side.  I have most likely put mine in the wrong place - sorry :-?

JohnP

This has to be turning into the most confusing OAS thread of all time....

I blame Doug for starting it.......  :lol:

John

mickw

And he broke the Gallery  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

I am going to have a go at posting Delphine's which is also a very nice picture, but interesting to see that this URL address on the gallery also has two forward slashes as follows:
http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10010/normal_Moon___Venus_-_27_Feb_2009.JPG

Right now the posting and see if this works!!!

Carole

Mac

Nice image.

Quoteinteresting to see that this URL address on the gallery also has two forward slashes as follows:

// is correct and normal, just look at any link on any web site,
it was the one with the three ///  that was incorrect.