• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M82 Luninance (CLS Filter) & RGB (HaLL)

Started by Rocket Pooch, Mar 06, 2009, 20:31:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I did get out last night, and even though the moon was about I have a quick couple of hours on M82 with the Meade 8".

Details

Luminance Astronomik CLS Filter, 12x5 minutes
Ha Astronomik Ha filter , 6 x 10 Minutes

Scope at F6.7 FL= 1340mm on EQ6, guiding .03 pixel dec, .08 pixel ra, really good guiding must have been the direction the scope was pointing.

Anyway, I'm really please with this image because of the roundness of the stars after a good collimation session.

RobertM

Thats very nice detail for such short exposures and as you say good guiding too.  You did well, I thought last night started off looking ok but by 11pm I could only see first and second magnitude stars.  It's showing good potential with the Ha.

Rocket Pooch

Yup it was not a good night tried to do M95 but the moon and haze were too much, i'd love to do m82 from a dark site.

JohnP

Wow - up close & personal.... Looks great at that FL - Tons of detail & colour is great. A really nice image - John

Rocket Pooch

Here is a crop of a full size frame, makes me wonder what a 4mpix camera would be like!

RobertM

Rocket Pooch

Mac

RobertM

Sounds like the sort of ccd that you'd fit a telescope to...

Just noticed he title 'Luninance' ... very topical !