• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lulin Animation... Especially for Mike.

Started by JohnP, Mar 03, 2009, 13:19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Ok - I hope this is going to work.... I know how much Mike has been going on at monthly meets about doing an animation of a comet or something.. Below is animation of the 12X2min images I took of Lulin on Sunday night. File is animated GIF (approx 3.5Mb) so may take a while to load depending on your broadband...

Thks,  John.

RobertM

Nice one John, that's turned out really well.

JohnP

Thks Robert - could have done with more frames but at least it shows movement nicely - for the technical amongst you Image size is 659 X 494 pixels which with my imaging set up yields a FOV of 64 arcmins X 54 arcmins. I can count something like a 55 pixel movement between first & last frame (total time 24mins).

John.

Mike

AT LAST!!!  :D

Nice one John. Great animation. That thing is whizzing along !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

John, I am really impressed. What nice sharp stars excellent comet!!!!!!

So did you stack it like Greg?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Fay - I think you are still confused...

This is an animation so I just laid the frames over the top of each. The previous image I posted (with the dotted stars) was a stack....

Thks for the comments - John

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Mar 03, 2009, 16:18:02Fay - I think you are still confused...

That's not hard to do, let's be honest...  ;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan