• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session - My Garden

Started by Mike, Oct 12, 2005, 11:59:40

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi Mike - It's a long way off but 20th Jan looks OK to me also at the mo... Cheers,  John

Whitters

20th Jan is OK for me too.

Mike

OK, weather permitting the 20th it is then at 2000. Anyone wanting to crash out is welcome.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

surely it'll be 2006 by then?

Rocket Pooch

I'll go, I'm in the country :-)

P.S. if it cloudy shall we just come round with some beer  :P

Mike

Yeah if it's cloudy your still welcome, bring some tinnies.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

So who is coming to this on the 20th then?

Carole

Mike,

I have been asked to help out in an opera (my other hobby) and there will be a performance on 20th.  However I will be able to get away probably by around 10.00 ish so could come after that, will that be OK?

It also means I will miss the next Meeting night.  

I don't have your exact address, can you give it to me at the dinner.  If you are not going to be there perhaps you can E mail it to me.

Thanks
Carole

Whitters

Mike

Carole I will be at the dinner so will give you the address then.

Tony G

Mike,
just wondered if it was alright to venture down for a couple of hours (weather permitting) just to see the "experts" in action and the get a few tips on where I may be going wrong.

regards

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Tony - sure no problem. Are you going to the society dinner on Friday? If not I will PM you the address.

Tony G

Mike

see you Friday, save me the turkey drumstick. On second thoughts forget the turkey. :(

regards

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

OK we are looking at starting around 1930. However, if you want to get there earlier to set up then you are welcome. Cris is on from 5pm onwards.

If you are planning on staying over then bring a sleeping bag, blow up bed, etc. There is a single bed in the spare room and two sofas downstairs that can ge grabbed, otherwise its the floor.

If people are staying to image I would rather they crash over than annoy the neighbours at some unearthly hour crashing and banging about putting your stuff back in the car. The alternative is to leave your kit at mine and collect it the next day.

If you aren't imaging but want to come along to see how its all done then you are welcome. If you want to bring kit to observe then again be mindful of the neighbours and noise of putting kit away if it's late.

Imagers - Don't forget any long extension leads you may need if you want mains power.

Hot Drinks will be provided of course.

If it turns out cloudy, you are all still welcome to come over - bring some tinnies or bottles :)

If you need my address and phone number then PM me and I will PM it back by reply. Anyone that is coming please let me know if you haven't already so I know how many to expect. Otherwise, see you Friday.

Mike

Folks - The weather forecast is NOT looking good. If it is overcast I will reschedule for a few weeks time.

However, you are still welcome to pop over anyway for a chat and a cuppa if you like.

Mike