• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session - My Garden

Started by Mike, Oct 12, 2005, 11:59:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I am thinking of arranging an imaging session in a couple of weeks some time after DSC. It will be on a Friday or Saturday night in my garden and people can crash overnight if they wish if they bring a sleeping bag.

Would anyone be up for that?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Gazing into the administrators crystal ball I'd say the safe money would be on a certain Mr Suddell...

I might be able to get a night pass for that one Mike, house move depending. Are you going to fix a date closer to the time so we can take the weather into account?

Mike

Yeah, will pick a date after DSC.

Carole Pope

Always interested in a viewing opportunity.
Where do you live?

Carole

Mike

Carole I live in Orpington near Avalon Road.

p.s. You do realise it is an IMAGING session?

Whitters

Mike

OK I'm looking at organising this now, probably towards the end of Nov. Can you all tell me if you prefer a Friday or a Saturday and if there are any dates you CANNOT make in November please.

Mike

OK got no replies for this so it will have to be put off till January now as the weekends are going to be busy leading up to Xmas.

Ian

sorry mate, there was an implied no preference. Let me know when you planning it, and I'll try and be there.

Carole

Still interested in coming if I may, however seeing as I have no photography equipment of my own I felt I should fit around those who do as I'm only an on-looker - and this is why I didn't reply before.  

Any time in January looks OK for me.

Was fascinated by your talk at the last meeting, and would like to see more.

Carole

Mike

OK lets arrange a date now. How about Friday 20th January ?

Carole, although it is an imaging session you are welcome to come along to see how it is all done.

Can everyone let me know if the 20th is ok with them, if the consensus is no then I will arrange another date.

Carole

20.1.06 is fine by me.

Carole

Ian

at this point, the 20th looks good. Like Carole, don't organise anything around me.