• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session - My Garden

Started by Mike, Oct 12, 2005, 11:59:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Well - The weather forecast has done a complete U-Turn and is now promising a mainly clear sky !! In other wods - expect ANYTHING to happen !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

but be particularly careful when walking past tins of tomatoes...

good luck for tonight, I'm afraid I can't join in, but I may get a chance late tonight to get my scope out if the weather holds.

Tony G

Mike,
Well done on the date you picked back on November 21st for this session,
you have done better with two months notice than what the Met office can do for the next day,I personally think we should let you in future pick the dates for the observing evenings.

Tony G

PS what lotto numbers are you doing this weekend? :wink:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

Mike & Cris
Thank you for your hospitality last night and for the useful information from everyone.

Thanks again

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Well guys, I didn;t get there, I lost you're address and phone number, :-( big boo hoo because although I would have leaft before 1am (to pickup new scope) it looked really clear, so I look forward to seeing all the pictures soo.

Whitters

Mike & Cris, thanks for the hospitality, great evening, fantastic skies.

Mike

Thanks everyone that came - We had 9 in all. It was an excellent night and as the night got later the sky got clearer. The diehards Paul and I were out till about 4am. Technical difficulties (and a bit of stupidity on my behalf) meant the images were limited.

Another one will be planned for in about 2 months time.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan