• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Very Slow Response

Started by Fay, Feb 27, 2013, 22:09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Is it me or is the site very slow?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JonH

I noticed it was dragging it's heals quite a bit yesterday, thought the site was down at first. Seems alright today though...
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

RobertM

Site has seemed ok today so it must be you :roll:

MarkS

It's been terribly slow at times off and on for the last week or so.  it can take up to 60 seconds to respond after clicking the "Post" button.

Rick

I've had similar slowness from quite a few of the websites I visit recently. It's quite hard to tell where the slowness is caused. Sometimes it's obviously relatively local to me (everything goes slow at the same time) and sometimes it's less clear (some things slow, others not)...

If folks can log exact times they notice severe slowness from the OAS sites maybe we'll be able to spot a pattern...

MarkS

Quote from: Rick
I've had similar slowness from quite a few of the websites I visit recently.

True for me also - it's not just the O.A.S. site.

Mike

What ISPs are you all on? Maybe it's that?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Weirdly whilst sending the above reply the site suddenly went very slow. I then got the following error message:

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/orpastro/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1464Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/orpastro/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2020

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

What ISP are you on Mike? Maybe it's that?  :cheesy:

mickw

I'm on BT and it keeps going slow or failing
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Rick,

This has been running slow for the last 5-10 minute (11.15am) when posting and when browsing.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

That last message took 26 seconds to post.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

That one took 44 seconds...........I'm not doing this task no more, my boss is getting suspicious. :-?

Tony G

The Thing

Its very slow. I'm using my mobile on EE. Other sites are fine.

Mike

Quote from: MarkS on Feb 28, 2013, 09:27:51
What ISP are you on Mike? Maybe it's that?  :cheesy:

:D  Virgin Media at the moment. Sky 40Mb fibre service in 6 days \o/   8)