• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Very Slow Response

Started by Fay, Feb 27, 2013, 22:09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

11:15 onwards
BT internet - lucky to get 2 meg

40 -65 secs to get into or anywhere on the forum
Clicked on Mikes APOD link and leaving the forum the speed was normal
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

mickw

11:27
OK so it's making me out to be a liar - all OK now
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

I got this message when attempting to post at 20:54 today:

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Rick

The hosting company have just emailed to say they'll be rebooting the server our sites live on "in order to resolve performance and stability issues" around midnight tonight...

Rick

Update: The reboot has completed. The server is rebuilding the RAID after one drive fell out of sync, this may take a few hours to complete and will affect performance.

Mike

Website was down with 501 errors this morning.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

What time? My nightly backup also had problems, but came to life half-way through.

Mike

Noticed it at approx 6.30am
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Bloody nora ....it`s still slow.  Takes about 30 seconds to one minute to load the site and the various bitz on the Forum. C`mon, you clever people who can mend it .... mend it !!!!!!!!  :police:

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

Most of the time it seems fine, which is why catching it when it's slow and trying to figure out why is complicated, which is why I'm interested in when it was slow, preferably with precision better than +/- 5 minutes...

doug

It`s slow now....... 09.30 - 10.00 hrs Monday 11th March 2013.  It will probably be slow all the time now ....... bloody nora ...... hopeless ......
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Tony G

Still dragging it's heels.............. :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

:!  Again very slow this morning from about 5.35am onwards (this is about the time I logged on)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/orpastro/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1464

This message came up after I was trying to post the previous message on this thread.

Tony G

Mac

tried to log on tonight and got 500 internal server error,
this was 01:04.