• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 23rd to 25th May

Started by Mike, May 14, 2014, 07:09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

I plan to arrive this evening some time around 7:30-8:00pm.

See you there!

Mark

Carole

I should arrive around 4.30pm.

Yr.no is now saying it will be clear until about 10.p.m. so just abut enough time to polar align, then Saturday should be clearing after 10pm right through until 4am.

Hope it is right.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Yr.no is now saying it will be clear until about 10.p.m. so just abut enough time to polar align,

Tonight looks unlikely to be suitable for "proper" imaging but I'm going to have my DSLR at the ready on the iOptron just in case there are a few gaps in the cloud with possible meteor sightings tonight.  Or I might polar align the mount and then I can just attach the camera.

Mark

julian

I will be there about 9PM

julian

Fay

I have arrived. Nice day bit windy. Tents and vans together. Nice field and nice man. Low washing line in garden as I drove thru
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
Low washing line in garden as I drove thru

The vans are higher than your 4x4.  Could you measure the height of the washing line to check that the vans will have headroom clearance.

Fay

Too low for me. Lady came out and lifted it. It may be down by tonight.

julian

It will be down after I get there.

Mike

How's it going guys? Lovely weather right now.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Lovely day. Me carole and duncan at moment julian and mark at 8. Clean toilets and shower no one else here until tuesday then 40 dutch

MarkH

Have a good time you guys, I envy you so much. Wish I could be there. :D

Mike

Apparently guys in the UK with simple DIY 'radio telescopes'are picking up around 20-25 meteor pings per MINUTE at the moment!  :o
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Stood outside for a while. Can see plenty of stars but didn't see any meteors.

Fay

Cloud coming from south and NW  No meteors

Rick

Quote from: Mike on May 23, 2014, 21:54:02Apparently guys in the UK with simple DIY 'radio telescopes'are picking up around 20-25 meteor pings per MINUTE at the moment!  :o

Most likely using rigs tuned to the Graves Space Radar on 143.050 MHz and antennas pointing south(-ish).