• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

My new Windows7 desktop and Photoshop CS3

Started by Carole, Feb 13, 2014, 09:15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I tried not to ask you guys on here about this one, but efforts to sort this out have so far failed.

I decided to get a refurbished W7 desktop as my old XP was getting decidedly slow and knowing MS is going to be stopping supporting XP in the not too distant future thought this would be a good move.

I have been transferring files over from the old machine and everything has gone fine except for the transfer of Photoshop CS3.  It is a genuine CS3 although I did buy it second hand.  

Every time I try to install it I lose my internet connection.  As soon as I uninstall it the internet connection comes back.  

After chatting to the guys on Astronomyshed and after doing some googling it appears there is an issue with something called Bonjour which alters the IP address or something.  

See all these links:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/no-internet-after-installing-adobe-photoshop-cs4/427c75a5-83ae-4263-905c-7dce3086ba5e

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1198398

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/bonjour-windows-cs3-cs4.html

Also
http://windowsforum.com/threads/internet-stopped-working-after-cs3-install.5550/

So last night I followed this link and installed Photoshop and then uninstalled Bonjour using the manual method.  Then afterwards checked it had been removed by the subsequently instructions and there was no sign of it.  

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-uninstall-or-remove-bonjour-mdnsresponderexe/#ixzz2t98CIaOF

Internet connection is normally OK until I re-boot and of course as soon as I did a re-boot I lost the internet connection, so was forced to uninstall Photoshop again so I could get an internet connection again.

Does any-one have any ideas on how to sort this out?

I am having to keep my old XP running just so I can use photoshop which seems a bit of a pointless exercise.  

Many thanks

Carole

Mac

Bonjour is nothing to do with photoshop!
Its an apple thing, to do with sharing your music collection around your network / phones ect.
Its normally installed when you install ITunes.

If you dont use ITunes Uninstall that and it should remove Bonjour.

But i've never herd of bonjour disabling or changing your ip address.  :roll:
I change mine so often sometime you forget what changes what

Bonjour might change your network card so that it is set up for file sharing, which it sounds like it is doing
Normally if anything changes or sets up file sharing, then it changes your ip address to a fixed one..

If it does, just go back to your network card and change it so that its set back to auto everything.
open Control panel
open network and sharing center
click on change adapter settings
right mouse click on your adapter and select properties
scroll down to internet protocol 4 and left click
click on properties
select obtain an ip address automatically
and obtain DNS server address automatically.

Do the same for internet protocol 6, although that might not have changed.

Thats it, 

Once you close down the dialog boxes, it should update your ip address and you should be up and running.

Mac.

Carole

Thanks Mac.  I can't match up some of those options to what I have, but I've made a note of your instructions to see what i can do.

Thanks

Carole

Mac

QuoteI can't match up some of those options to what I have,

You should have all those options if you are on windows 7 as i've just rattled them off of my windows 7.

i'll try and post some pic later.
Just going to band.

Mac

Mike

I would have though that after you've uninstalled iTunes and did a restart the IP issue would go away?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Carole

open Control panel I have that

open network and sharing center I have network and internet which has below it View network status, choose homegroup and sharing options

click on change adapter settings If I open Homegroup and sharing options I don't have anything to do with an adapter and neither does View network status

so this is where I get lost.

Carole

MarkH

Just going to band.

Mac

What's this? Are you a musician too ? 8)

Mac

QuoteI don't have itunes on my PC.

At some point you did have, because its the only way the bonjour service gets installed,
its part of the apple install stuff.

Anyway.

Open your control panel, it should look like this.

Make sure you have all the control panel controls showing.
Click on the network and sharing center.

when this window opens, of if you cant get to it, you need to find the window below. you will have it somewhere.

Right mouse click on change adapter settings.

Right mouse click on your internet connection, it probably wont be called internet,
and select properties.
The window on the right left will open.

Click on the ip4 bit and click on properties.

Change the two bits to auto,
Obtain ip address & obtain DNS
then click ok to close all the dialog boxes down.

If you cant find any of the above have a look on the task bar for a small monitor
(bottom right in my images) and right mouse click on that it should take you to the network settings.
and then the images should look familiar.

Mac

Carole

To be honest Mac, I got this desktop reconditioned and there was hardly anything on it at all, I've not removed anything except for uninstalling Photoshop.  I think the bonjour thing is a red herring and I don't think I ever had it in the first place.

Thanks for doing all that Mac, I got so far but this is all I have in the Network connections, so can't do the next steps:

MarkH

###HIJACK ALERT###

Alert aknowleged :roll:

Hats off respect Mac, you're a proper music reading official musician, not a self taught balding heavy rocker!! :lol:   :lol: :lol:

Mac

???????????????????????

QuoteRight mouse click on your internet connection, it probably wont be called internet,
and select properties.

just right click where it says local area connection and select properties.
This is your network card thats connected to the internet.

I have a few that ive renamed, that's all that's different.
One internal network, one internet, one VPN and one for my virtual machines. :cheesy:

Mac.

Carole

I presume I have to do all this AFTER I have installed Photoshop and lost my internet connection.

Have to go out this morning, but will give it a try this afternoon.

Thanks

Carole

Mac

QuoteI presume I have to do all this AFTER I have installed Photoshop and lost my internet connection.

Its normal to check these settings whenever you lose your internet settings.

Just did a google search for bonjour and adobe, For somereason Adobe started using apples bonjour service after cs3.
Once you have installed Photoshop, goto to control panel and add/remove programs and see if bonjour is listed as a separate program.
If it is just uninstall it.
If not, google bonjour removal before you install photoshop.

Mac