• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

My new Windows7 desktop and Photoshop CS3

Started by Carole, Feb 13, 2014, 09:15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I haven't got Bonjour at the moment Mac, and even when I had installed Photoshop and had lost internet connection Bonjour was not listed as that would have been easier to uninstall. 

Got some jobs to do so will tackle this later on.

Carole

Carole

OK I was about to do the above, but before I started I decided to take the precaution (or just out of interest) in doing a screen shot of my settings BEFOREHAND.

As you can see from the attached, the PC is already set to those settings so there was nothing to change:

Also checked it again after installation and it was still the same BUT INTERNET CONNECTION WAS GONE.  
Just uninstalling again (meanwhile using old Desktop to post this).

Carole

Carole

OK Photoshop uninstalled and back on line again with W7 PC.

Carole

Carole

Flippin Heck,

I think I have finally sorted it.  At least i have re-booted a couple of times and still got an internet connection.

I found yet another thread on the internet where an IT expert was trying to install a system for some-one who was wanting to use Photoshop CS3 and he was having the same problem.

This is what he wrote - I tried this and finally I have Photoshop + internet in my W7 desktop.

It only took a month to sort out!!!!!

QuoteResolved - FINALLY!
This is info after quite a bit of research and reading and experimenting.
New Dell computer installation running win 7, connecting through a domain, all of a sudden lost its internet connection.  All network resources were still available; only the internet connection was lost.
After some research and several attempts at fixing, here is the scenario and what ultimately fixed it:
The install went fine and easily connected to the domain and network.  Programs were subsequently installed on the computer and all of a sudden all internet connection was lost.  NIC uninstalled/reinstalled; DNS flushed, etc...all the easily found possible solutions.
The culprit was Adobe CS3 (perhaps CS4 as well).  It installs a service (Bonjour) that is used for Version Cue, but from what I read, not necessary for program functionality.  Long story, short, this service needs to be stopped and disabled (or removed if you know you won't ever need it.)  It messes with DNS in some way that windows 7 doesn't seem to like.
Anyway, using win 7 syntax, this is basically what needs to happen:
Steps to take
Start > Run
type: services.msc
FIND: Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B87 9762 in the list
Right Click
Select Properties from the drop down
select Disabled
Click STOP Click Apply
My understanding is that Version Cue is not even included anymore with CS5.