• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Where is the DSC next weekend - 29th nov?

Started by Delphine, Nov 24, 2013, 18:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Hi

Where is the DSC being held next weekend?  Do we have to book pitches in advance?

Cheers
Delphine

The Thing

Rother Valley I believe but someone had better check.

Meteoblue indicates Northiam is looking promising for Friday night but not so good on Saturday, dry though.

Mike

I'll contact Jackie and find out the status of the field.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

So who is going? The last DSC was 2nd to 4th August so it's been a very long time since we last had one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I can't make it!  Something else has been arranged for this weekend.  Really annoyed!

The ground round here is quite soft so I wouldn't be too optimistic about Rother.

Mark

The Thing

I'll be going if there is a chance of clear skies. Meteoblue still gives a hopeful forecast for Friday night. The Countryfile weather forecast last night showed a front coming south on Sunday, if it hurries up there is clear air behind it when the rain stops. Never thought I would be hoping it will rain!

Ivor

I'm planning on coming on Friday, I just need to move a meeting to Thursday my boss's boss has just requested.

Mike

OK the DSC will be at Blacklands.

blacklandsfarm.co.uk

Email from Jackie this morning...

Dear Mike,

We note you have a booking for this weekend, as you might imagine the field is too wet for anyone to stay.

We expect it won't improve now until the Spring.

Best Wishes
Jackie

Mike

MarkH

I might well be making my debut if my camping gear arrives in time :roll: will only be Saturday night though :cry:

MarkH

Mike, is it essential to book at Blacklands?

Mike

No not for Blacklands. Just turn up and have cash ready to give to Keith when he comes over to collect.

Delphine

We want to arrive early afternoon on Friday or maybe before.   Where should we pitch if we are the first there?   I have never been to Blacklands so don't know where you go.

Delphine

julian

If the weather is ok, then I will be going.  :D

Mike

Delphine, it doesn't really matter as long as you are near the hook-ups. However, I personally prefer to be somewhere away from the toilet block as it has a lights on it. Either of the left hand corners are fine.

As you enter the field South is to your right.

Delphine