• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

introduction

Started by Johan, Mar 10, 2012, 19:54:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

I have joined the society mid last year as I took up astronomy and I am still trying to find my feet as it entails much more than I thought.
I am retiring from dentistry this year, my daughter took over my practice in Orpington so I will have more time for astronomy.
I have bought a scope on ebay and the one evening at High Elms was already very exciting.
Johan

Carole

Hi Johan,

Welcome to OAS and the Forum.  Astronomy can take up a lot of time depending on how involved you want to get, but lots of help on here and at the club.

Carole

doug

A warm welcome from us `ere in Farnborough, Johan.  Our next observing evening is on the Tuesday 20th March; meeting i n the Change of Horses about 19.15 hrs (7.15pm).  Glad you enjoyed the last one and lets hope the weather is kind to us for the next one.  What scope did you buy?

Doug and Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Welcome to the forum Johan.

Was it you with the 14" Lightbridge ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Welcome to the forum, Johan, nice to hear from you again. Hope to see you at an observing evening or meeting soon.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein