• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

January 20-23 DSC (2012)

Started by mickw, Jan 04, 2012, 09:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Ok, shall we say Blacklands and I'll get down there on Thursday and get some photo's up, I can get R to reserv a few slots.  Plus is close enough to our place for us to cook a currey and run it over Saturday night?  Just a though.

Chris

Vera

Are you talking about Blackland Farm at East Grinstead?

Vera

MarkS

Quote from: Vera
Are you talking about Blackland Farm at East Grinstead?

No. This one:
http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/

Vera

The Thing

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Jan 15, 2012, 17:31:00
Plus is close enough to our place for us to cook a currey and run it over Saturday night?

Sounds like a most excellent idea. Ye olde englishe currey.

mickw

I agree, Blacklands would be the better bet and the weather is looking promising (and cold)
If there is any frost on the ground at Rother, it would just start to thaw as we arrive and make a nice slippery surface  :(

However, I will not be going as I am still too busy  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
However, I will not be going as I am still too busy  :-?

Mick - we'll miss you!
Do you have a moving date yet, or do you have a date you're working towards?

mickw

QuoteMick - we'll miss you!
Do you have a moving date yet, or do you have a date you're working towards?

:cry:
The end of the chain (there's only 3 of us) would like to exchange around 24th Feb with completion soon after.
That suits me cos I get another 6 weeks to sort my crap out.
Unfortunately I started packing the easy stuff first which puts those boxes at the bottom of the pile which is a bit of a bugger when I still need something  :!
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Ok Blacklands it is, we will be there Friday and Saturday night, if its super clear we might do Sunday!

Frodo will be there, god help us.

Also, anyone fancy a minipin 18 pints, from the Darkstar brewery, its only 10 minutes from the campsite.

http://darkstarbrewing.co.uk/beer/

Jim

I'm planning to come as well. What's the procedure these days, do I book a place myself or do we do a group booking?

Rocket Pooch

We put an offer in the 1st week of December and the completion date is set for the 9th Feb, we have already exchanged.  Just as well I have nothing to move!

Rocket Pooch

I just called the nice man there.  He said if we booked in online he will reserve an area for us.

I beleive its Mark, Julian, Mike, Fay? (no warming hut), Jim (needs a heated blanket), Me anyone else.

RobertM

I'm probable for Friday night if it's clear.

Mike

I'll be there from Friday through to Sunday.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

I'm there for Friday and Saturday night. I plan to put the tent near the hookups (I'm getting soft) and the scope way down the field away from the loo lights.