• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 25th November

Started by mickw, Nov 18, 2011, 09:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Fay it is only a further 6 miles to Blacklands.

Though I personally prefer Rother too as they sky is better, plus there are lights on the toilet blocks at Blacklands.

I'm happy to use Blacklands if the weather is bad and it is a last resort.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Fay,

From where you live, it is less than 3 miles (2.9m) difference in the distance, and most of that is M23 which is a pretty good road to travel.
And a nicer toilet block, that the hot water doesn't run out when you are fully lathered. :o

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

the water nearly run out on me at Rother, the other month, as I had put the money in the slot & was waiting for the water, when I realised I was in the wrong shower & the water was on in another one........panic stations to get into the correct one & do all before my 20p ran out!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

message from Jackie. No burning going on. Wood chipper being used down by the storage area where you go in & the top of the field is ok for Mick to go on.

Fay

mickw

Thanks for that Fay, perhaps Jackie was just being a bit cautious
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Please can someone take a battery tester with them. When I was in a panic over my duff flats panel, I got all my AA batteries muddled & don't know which are the new ones & which are the old.

Thanks a lot

mickw

That's easy, the ones that don't work will be the flat batteries   ;)

Mike

I'll try and remember to pack my multimeter.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

My
Quote from: Fay on Nov 24, 2011, 10:19:29
Please can someone take a battery tester with them. When I was in a panic over my duff flats panel, I got all my AA batteries muddled & don't know which are the new ones & which are the old.

Thanks a lot

AA batts? My flat panel runs on 12v. Easy.

Fay

oh will have to check that out Duncan. Although I have a new one coming, but will still use the old adapter for my little 4x4 panel

Thanks Mike

mickw

I will have testers and chargers.

Mike

Looks like the forecast for both Friday and Sunday nights is clear.

Carole

Quotethe water nearly run out on me at Rother, the other month, as I had put the money in the slot & was waiting for the water, when I realised I was in the wrong shower & the water was on in another one........panic stations to get into the correct one & do all before my 20p ran out!!!!!!!!

Just trying to picture this, were you stripped off waiting for the water to come out and then had to run into the next cubicle in the nude?   :cheesy:

Fay

Got it in one, Carol!!!

MarkS

What time are folks arriving tomorrow?