• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

October DSC

Started by Mike, Oct 10, 2011, 09:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Well me and Mark are here.

Damp and overcast but ground is firm.

Not going to set up until later if the clouds clear.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Sorry, can't make it Mick, I'm sure you'll have a stella(r) time. :beer: Having been away for two weeks (working I might add) there is some catching up to do on the home front.  :angel:

RobertM

Don't know Mick, I'm a fair weather imager so I'll see what the weather's like in the afternoon.  I'm also off the alcohol which is a bit of a bummer :(

MarkS

Half a bottle of Pastis has gone.  Mick and I blame Roy.  Beautiful star filled sky just now - lasted nearly 5 whole minutes.  Lovely fireworks display was enjoyed by all.

Any news of Fay???

Mac

QuoteAny news of Fay???

Who?  :cheesy:

MarkS

Maybe Anglia TV fame has gone to her head and she's disappeared with her A-list celebrity friends.

RobertM

Anyone checked Border TV, maybe she has her own show :roll:

julian

Won't be at dsc as the weather looks c**p. Going to work on motorising my observatory instead.

Julian

MarkS

Quote from: julian
Won't be at dsc as the weather looks c**p.

We're sitting in warm sunshine drinking beer.   8)

The Thing

7Timer! shows good seeing and transparency and minimal cloud. Still can't come though :(.

Nige

I'm on my way!

p.s. Mick before you tell me to p*** off - I'm bringing more beer

Nige

mickw

Sat 24 shows a mass of cloud on the way, so it looks like beer  :)

MarkS

Had 40min clear and transparent sky.  SQM-L reading of 20.75 which converts into NELM of mag 6. We did some visual binocular observing.

mickw

Well its been a good social weekend, shame about the astronomy.
Good thing is, its going to be easier to pack up.

Sue

Very enjoyable weekend: great company, lovely countryside, busy steam railway, firework displays and a fine view of the milkyway (if only for 40 minutes). Our first time at Rother Valley but would highly recommend it to other members who haven't ventured down there yet  :D  :D

Thanks Mick. 

Sue and Roy.