• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

October DSC

Started by Mike, Oct 10, 2011, 09:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

So far the weather is suggesting rain at the beginning of the week then clouds and wind  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Meteoblue is currently predicting clear nights for Thurs and Fri at DSC.  Too early for a Sat & Sun forecast.

Mark

julian

Just to let you know I am away this week - Monday to Friday so will probably only make the DSC on Saturday.

Julian

Rocket Pooch

Is the DSC moving to blacklands with the rain forecast? 

mickw

Depending on who's forecast you read it will be sunny or raining equally at Blacklands or Rother, but as it hasn't been too bad so far - It will be at Rother  :P

I've booked  ;)

Sue

Roy and I have decided to come down.  Hope to arrive on Friday afternoon in time to set up before dark  :D

Sue

Just spotted on the KESR site that there will be Hallowe'en night fright trains running Friday and Saturday during the evening!

mickw

DSCs are not about having fun, they are about getting cold and miserable  :-?

She'll never learn  :roll:

MarkS

I'm sure we can arrange a few frights for them!!  :evil:

mickw

Weather is not looking good at the moment - cloud and/or rain most places to the south  :(

JohnP

Yep been looking at that... :-( Up to my eyeballs at the moment with work & house issues so think I'll have to 'take a rain check' (ha! ha!) this weekend. If people do venture down I may pop down on Saturday daytime for a few hours.

John

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Weather is not looking good at the moment - cloud and/or rain most places to the south  :(

Might need extra beer and pastis then!
I'm planning to arrive early Friday afternoon.

I didn't book, so I'm hoping the camp site isn't full ...

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Tough one for me, I'm not drinking and the weather is not good?

mickw

Chris, I'm sure I've mentioned this before but the weather improves proportionally with the volume of alcohol consumed  :lol:

mickw

Anyway, who's going ?
So far we have me, Mark, Sue and Roy and Mike as a possible

Anyone else ?  Duncan ?  Robert ? Phil and Sue ? Alan ?