• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7380 Wizard Nebula

Started by Fay, Oct 08, 2011, 20:50:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Only managed 11x600, as egg shaped stars at the zenith. Lost 30 mins of subs. Would have done OIII otherwise, as well.

QSI 583ws 7nm ha, 0.85 fr, SW equinox Pro, 071011 

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Fay - that is a superb image & fantastic FOV - I really like it. You must be pleased with this - it is crying out for colour though - you have to do it justice...

Fantastic image especially seeing all the problems you had - John.

Fay

Thanks John. Yes I know it needs colour. Have to see how the weather goes

Tony G

John,

Where has your lovely sketch gone. :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Yes, I thought there was something missing too

JohnP

I removed it but if you want it back here it is...

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

JohnP

I might try it myself next time - with my FOV I can do a close up on the head & hat.... :-)

Fay - you'll have to give the witchehead Neb a try in a month or two ic2118.. now that is scary...!

http://images.astronet.ru/pubd/2006/12/11/0001218470/ic2118_dss.jpg

Fay

Fay

Olly suggested a to put a bit of imbalance on the dec,  when imaging at the zenith, to prevent the egg shaped stars problem I have.
Has anyone any ideas on how I can do it? Duncan did mention to me at Marks that I was too balanced.

Thanks

RobertM

Very nice Fay !  I think John has the sketch about right - I think the wizard is sitting on a chair.

Imbalance the Dec - can't you move the guide scope up or down the tube a bit ?

Robert

Carole

Nice smooth image Fay, I can see what you mean about the stars, they're not unduly elongated, but annoying all the same. 

I never could make out the Wizard in this object and John has put it into perspective :cheesy:

Carole

Fay

I thought the stars were ok on this image, Carole, as I did not stack the dodgy subs

Carole

Sorry Fay, I think I was looking at the image where you did have the problem shortly before I posted this.  Really getting my knickers in a twist lately, as I said I had posted something on a thread in UKAI and it had disappeared.  Then the thread starter replied that I had posted it on another forum.
:oops:
It's all those late nights at Kelling still taking their toll I think, keep dropping off to sleep at inappropriate times.  Either that or I'm cracking up  ;)

Anyway - nice image.

Carole