• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hard Drive reader

Started by Tony G, Jul 14, 2011, 23:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi All,

Does anyone have an external IDE Hard Drive reader like a docking station, that I could borrow to retrieve some data off some old hard drives which I have discovered in the loft, and said all those years ago "Don't worry Love, I'll get those photos off there one day"  :roll:
Well I have a reader for a SATA Hard Drive, but believe the age of these computers will definately be IDE.

So If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

I have an external USB hard drive enclosure that you're welcome to borrow.
You just connect your old hard drive into it, plug it in and away you go - also got an adapter so a laptop hard drive can fit in it.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Sorry Mr Moderator,

I didn't see the section header 'PC HELPLINE'  :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

Thanks for the offer Mick, but got it sorted (well at least a couple of them).

A friend had an IDE adapter and power supply, which worked on 2, but the 3rd I think, the hard drive was the initial reason for sending it to the up to the computer graveyard near the sky..................the loft. ;)

Tony G

mickw

No probs Tony, I'll always have the kit if Flis breaks anything else  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: mickw on Jul 18, 2011, 18:33:58
No probs Tony, I'll always have the kit if Flis breaks anything else  ;)

Errrrr......!!!!!